* Before playing in the league, please make sure that you have read all of the rules and understand them. If you have any questions or concerns, or if a dispute arises during a match with an opposing clan that cannot be resolved, please contact the administrators.
* Bragging rights
* Game style is CTF.
* Maximum flag capture limit is 10.
* Respawn time is 2 seconds. Maximum respawn time is 5 seconds.
* Time limit is 10 minutes.
* Bonus frequency is set to 0.
* All guns are enabled.
* Maximum grenades is set to 3.
* Friendly fire, realistic mode, and survival mode are all disabled.
* Stationary guns, bullet time and sniper line are all off. Minimap may be turned on.
* Min ping is 0. Max ping is 400.
* HealthCooldown is 0.
* Scripting is disabled.
* Server uses 1.8 WM beta11
* Clans must have a minimum of 3 players in order to sign up to the cup. There is a maximum limit of 5 players per clan. The cup has a limit of 20 participating clans. Clans which are found to be inactive or incapable of playing matches will be replaced.
* After the sign-up period has ended, rosters will be locked and clans will be distributed into groups. Each group will have the same number of clans. The first phase of the cup will be a group stage. The second phase of the cup will be a playoffs bracket.
* Each clan will play the other clans in their group once, as in a single round-robin event. All games will be played 3v3.
* Three (3) points are given for victory in a match, zero (0) for a draw, and zero (0) for a loss. One point will be awarded for each map win in a match.
* Clans will have two (2) weeks to complete all their group stage matches starting from Friday, August 31st 2018 00:00 GMT+0. At least one match must be played each week. A penalty point will be given for each unplayed match per week. The first week will end Saturday, September 8th 2018 at 23:59 GMT. The second week will end Saturday, September 15th 2018 at 23:59 GMT. Penalty points will be deducted from a clan's total points at the end of each week. This rule is waived for clans which are able to play all of their matches prior to the second week.
* If a clan does not complete their matches by the deadline, they will forfeit the match(es) and have an additional 1 point deducted from their tally.
* The top two clans of each group will advance to playoffs.
* If a rank is tied between two clans with the same number of points, the clan with the better cap ratio will get the higher position. If there is a tie in cap ratio, the clan which scored more absolute caps will get the higher position. If there is still a tie, the winner of the head-to-head match between the two clans will get the higher position. If head-to-head was tied, then a sudden death match between the clans will be played.
* A match is best of 4 rounds. Before the match starts, each clan will choose 2 maps to play. The clans will also choose the server for their maps. SCTFL server selection rules apply for intercontinental games. Map side will be picked by the clan that did not choose server + map.
* The clan which has won the most rounds after 4 total rounds wins the match. However, the match will not always go to all 4 rounds. For example, if a clan wins the first 3 rounds, they have already won the match. Also, if a clan wins 2 rounds and ties the third, it is impossible for the opposing clan to win or tie after 4th round, therefore that clan has already lost the match and a fourth round is not necessary. If the match is tied after 4 rounds, the match will end as a tie.
* The rounds can be played in any order. However, if there is any disagreement, the clan designated as "Home" in the match will have its map played first. After that, clans will alternate playing each other's maps until all 4 rounds are played.
* If a match is tied, clans have the option of breaking the tie by replaying one of the tied maps. If the match is still a tie after replaying a map, clans may continue replaying any maps which were originally ties until a winner is determined. If both clans cannot agree which tied map to replay, the match will remain a tie. All rounds, including the original maps as well as any replayed maps, should be posted in the match report. If a match lasted four rounds, for example, then four rounds should be posted in the match report.
* SSC has its own map-pool. These are custom created maps by the community and the soldat default map-pack. The available maps are:
* Maps can be played twice in one match, but one clan cannot select the same map twice. For example: in a match between Clan A and Clan B, Clan A chooses Laos as its first map. Clan B may also choose Laos as its first map. However, Clan A and Clan Bcannot choose Laos again as their second maps.
* A match cannot begin with fewer than three players on each team (3v3).
* Before a round begins, each clan must ensure that the opposing clan is ready to play. Between rounds, clans have a maximum of five minutes to organize and strategize. During this time players are to remain in their bases if either clan requests it.
* Pausing is permitted only in emergency situations (e.g. an AFK player or a substitution). Excessive pausing is not allowed.
* Substituting one player for another is permitted only if the incoming player is on the clan's official roster. Substitutions may be made at any point during the game, and the server should be paused if possible. The player that is being replaced should leave the game prior to the substitute joining to prevent the clan from gaining any sort of numerical advantage.
* If a player leaves the server, gets disconnected, or goes AFK, the game should be paused immediately. If the player does not return and a substitute cannot be found, the match is to be continued unless both clans agree to postpone it until a later time.
* If one clan leaves or cannot play the remainder of a match, the remaining clan wins by forfeit. Any rounds that have already been played retain their scores, but all unplayed rounds are scored 5-0 in favor of the remaining clan. If a clan forfeits in the middle of a round the forfeiting clan retains its score while the remaining clan receives a score of 10.
* If there are any disputes during a match, please contact one of Event Staff in the Soldat Discord.
* All official matches must be played on servers that are monitored by Soldatladder.
* As mentioned earlier, server selection follows SCTFL rules for determining what servers shall be used for intercontinental matches.
* Intentionally selecting servers that are poor quality for an opposing team is considered dishonorable behavior and is prohibited.
* After the playoff clans are decided, the playoff clans will be ranked based on points received. If a rank is tied between two clans with the same number of points, the clan with the better cap ratio will get the higher position. If there is a tie in cap ratio, the clan which scored more absolute caps will get the higher position. If there is still a tie, then positions will be randomized. Home/Away for each match is decided according to this ranking.
* Playoffs will be played as a single-elimination bracket.
* In each playoffs match, if there is no winner after 4 rounds played, both teams will pick an extra map to play and follow the server selection rules as previously. If there is still no winner, 2 more maps will continue to be played until a winner is determined.
* There will be one week allowed for each playoffs match. Failure to play these matches will result in punishment for the guilty side(s).
* Each playoffs match must be spectated by at least one member of the Event Staff.
* In the interest of transparency and for the sake of streamers and other event personnel, all scheduling for playoff matches must be conducted within the official scheduling thread. Any scheduling communication which occurs outside of the scheduling thread must immediately be relayed to and fully disclosed in the thread.
* Each player can only be on the roster for ONE CLAN FOR THE DURATION OF THE CUP. What this means is that if Player A is on the roster of Clan X when the cup starts, he cannot play for any other clan in the playoffs, even if he didn't play a cup match with Clan X. In addition, no new players can be added to a clan's roster once the cup formally begins.
* Multiclanning (the process of being in more than one clan at the same time) is forbidden.
* A player is considered an active member of a clan if he or she plays at least one official match for that clan during the season.
* Multiple players from the same household who share an ISP must notify the administrators that they are indeed distinct players and not one player with multiple names. The players must wait for confirmation from the administrators before playing in any matches.
* The use of third party applications (i.e. hacks) that provide an advantage over others is prohibited.
* Fakenicking (pretending to be another player) is prohibited.
* Taking advantage of map bugs is not allowed in this cup. Examples of map bugs include flying beneath the floor on ctf_Voland or throwing grenades through the roof of the houses on ctf_Ash. If you are unsure if an action is considered map abuse, consult the Event Staff.
* Soldat modifications (mods) are generally permissible, but there are some exceptions. A mod which provides an advantage to its user is allowed only as long as the same mod does not directly inhibit an opponent. For example, altering the color of grenades/bullets or changing the textures of maps is legal, but altering the size of weapons/gosteks, deleting scenery or making scenery invisible, or adding healthbars above gosteks is disallowed because those mods would directly inhibit an enemy by preventing that player from hiding. If you are unsure if a mod is legal, it is your responsibility to consult the administrators before using it.
* If a player joins the server during the middle of a round (e.g. a rejoin or an incoming substitute), the opposing clan has the right to request that the joining player use the "/kill" command in order to initiate respawn time.
* Screenshots must be taken after every round by every player. These may be requested by a Event Staff member after the match. Failure to disclose these screenshots will result in severe consequences for the player(s) involved. Screenshots taken from a demo are not admissable.
* Demos are also compulsory by every player. These may be requested by Event Staff after the match. Failure to disclose match demos will result in severe consequences for the player(s) involved.
* If a player leaves the server at any time without informing the other clan, the match is to be continued unless both clans agree to wait for the player to return or a substitute to arrive. If a player gets kicked due to server related problems, then the match is to be paused until either the player returns, a substitute arrives, or a different, fully functional server is found.
* If a client or server disconnect occurs, the match will be paused or suspended. When said connectivity issues are resolved, then the map is to be restarted from the time the disconnect happened with the scores and remaining time carried forward. The remaining time will be estimated upon resuming the match.
* Players must play matches using their officially registered nicknames found on their respective clan rosters.
* Posting fake match reports is prohibited.
* Every player and clan should conduct themselves in an honorable fashion. Excessive crude behavior (e.g. racism, flaming, or spamming) is not welcomed.
* Spectators are allowed if both clans agree. Spectators are not allowed to communicate with the players on their clan, only with fellow spectators. Accommodations for streaming/casting will be decided between the clans and the Event Staff, but the Event Staff will have the final say.
* When an cup game is played, the winner has to report the game as soon as possible.
* There are two cards: a yellow card and a red card. A yellow card is issued as a warning if one of the rules is broken.
* Two yellow cards equal a red card.
* If you receive a red card, you are removed from the cup.
* Depending on the severity of the offense, point reductions may also be handed out. Penalties can be given for dissent. The decision of Event Staff is final.
* If there is a complaint about a clan breaking a rule or if a player is being difficult or rude enough to warrant complaint, then an admin will evaluate the problem and, if necessary, enforce punishment.
* The Event Staff has the right to enforce any decision which they feel is necessary for the general good of the league.
* The Event Staff has the right to alter the rules at any time. All substantive changes will be posted as official announcements.
* In any situation where following a rule literally would cause unfairness towards an individual or clan, the Event Staff may waive the rule for that situation only.
* The Event Staff has the right to ban players for offenses committed outside the league.
* The Event Staff has the right to alter the point value of any match.
* The Event Staff has the right to spectate any match.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:52:23 am by ricr »
Ill have to disagree, players r not scared. No one wants to play a boring match against 3 minimi's