Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 01:17:45 pm
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat Steam Cup - SSC  |  SSC Match Reports  |  [Playoffs] pbu. vs IA/ « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: [Playoffs] pbu. vs IA/  (Read 1263 times)
Vinteek

Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 06:45:04 pm »

That was the closest game I have ever played in my entire Soldat career. I did some checking and probably we managed to tie with the longest match until yestarday which was #lf vs. In~ in SCTFC4 - Link However I think its easy to say that out match was a hell of a lot closer than that one! Each map could have turned other way, we could have ended it in 3, then you could have ended it in 6.

I guess that's what TOP Soldat really is, when both teams are so good and equal that it takes LUCK to win and the final result is decided by TIED map. We all ate a hell of a lot of everything and I think gather servers should be put in mandatory maintanance after our match but no offense guys - you just had a little more luck with eats on crucial moments like those 2 sick eat-caps on X that almost made me fucking break my mouse.

Great performances from Tim and Vodka, you guys really carried it pretty hard and made a difference for your team.

Great commentary and stream - I guess it must have taken a toll on you guys after commenting it with passion for nearly 3 hours, somehow you managed to catch almost all big plays and your commentary really made me feel sorry that its only this late we're (as a community) at such level when it comes to COMPETTIVE when this game had been dead for years. Tanaka's analyses made me grin how good we all know eachother after playing so many years ;d

Blade - our goal was to tie this map as we knew it was one of the stronger (if not strongest) pbu. maps. We nearly made it Sad
Campeche - we were pretty sure of winning there, however you did put up a good fight Cheesy
Guardian - that was a fucking distaster and we all dont know what have happened, we were leading by 5 and still managed to lose :x
Wretch - same as Campeche however after few minutues we were unable to CAP and that made us nervous, good we finally managed to find a crack in your deffence.
Rotten - same shit as Guard, we were leading and then collapsed, I guess we really wanted to end it ad isntead of playing it safe we put up a risk.
Lava - that was an unexpected pick from my teammates since I dont recall us ever playing it as a clanmap any often, but I trusted them and after we SOMEHOW managed to fucking break through the wall you put up I felt relief.
IceBeam - that was a fucking distaster for us especially that we intended to pick IceBeam ourselves and once we saw you pick IceBeam we felt happy.. shit turned out differently Cheesy
Death - one of our most played and solid maps, however almost everyone over the past years managed to learn how to play that map vs us and we I gotta say we were a little lucky.
Cobra - one of the most borring maps in this match imo, ling flag stand-off and relatively small amount of pushes/rushes/actions.
Steel - what I hate in Soldat is having to win a map in order to stay in the game and leading 1-0 entire map. Everything could have went to hell by one lucky cap lol
X - as long as eats arent somehow fixed or their amount reduced this fucking map should be forbidden, atleast on these servers (i really wonder how is it possible that Zabijaka servers are 5x more stable and eat-less than OFFICIAL Soldat servers while there are more people actually playing there at once?? Sad)
Scorpion - we had a plan and we did it - Tim's barret was so annoying at one point Cheesy
Division - solid def made it too hard for us to break through, also those fucking poly-resp boosts are so fucking annoying that div should be excluded from future map pool if those are not fixed
Paradigm - totally not my choice, I wanted to play Catch/Nuubia Never played Paradigm on mid, dsl went top and actually didnt give us info a few times which in the end forced us to stay in the base more often laso the flags were fucking bugged Neutral

For those interested - my POV with out voicechat included (yes its in polish)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317159219

Once again! Great Games! Smiley
RT da darkman
SCTFL Helper

It's All About Movement! <-
Clan: Arrow <-

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 11:33:14 am »

Nice post vinteek! I totally agree man, when two teams are equally match the game
Is decided by eats alone. It’s so sad but very true and it has come to the point now where it’s unbearable for most players

SCTFL27, SCTFC5, SCTFC3, SRL15, TNL-B, TNL-NA

<Ronaldinho> tommy just know that rakky is the best player inthis world if u ever lose with him u just a lame fuck
Foggy
Top Guesser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 01:01:12 pm »

Looks like an awsome match, definitely gonna check the stream in a free time. Proud of my IA fellas. I am just sad I missed another cup and again missed a chance to face Timothy in playoffs (2nd cup in a row?!). I promise for the next event I am back so don’t even think of going inactive IA bitches Smiley

"It ain't about how hard you can hit, It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
OXLC ● SCTFL27 ● SRL18 ● SWC2014 ● SWC2016
SCTFC4 ● SCTFL21 ● SCTFL24 ● SRL17
Verbeia
Top Guesser

who the fuck is zapko ?
Clan: \\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »

Im not agreeing that part of the luckier side wins the match when teams are equal.There is no teams are equal and good plays allways win at the end of the match.You just gave 5-3 lead on paradigm and missed crucial knives against 0hp guys or 1v1 situations and some bad movement.Dont be offended i found pbu more prepared than you in this match with little details i saw.Seems solid match its good to see hard matches around the community after long break.Good luck with upcoming matches.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:47:52 pm by Verbeia » Logged

Fast cannonball animations
Timster

Clan: Dem Bubblez

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 03:40:35 pm »

Looks like an awsome match, definitely gonna check the stream in a free time. Proud of my IA fellas. I am just sad I missed another cup and again missed a chance to face Timothy in playoffs (2nd cup in a row?!). I promise for the next event I am back so don’t even think of going inactive IA bitches Smiley

Consider yourself lucky to have avoided me twice... Tongue
Vinteek

Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 04:49:50 pm »

Im not agreeing that part of the luckier side wins the match when teams are equal.There is no teams are equal and good plays allways win at the end of the match.You just gave 5-3 lead on paradigm and missed crucial knives against 0hp guys or 1v1 situations and some bad movement.Dont be offended i found pbu more prepared than you in this match with little details i saw.Seems solid match its good to see hard matches around the community after long break.Good luck with upcoming matches.

I'm not offended at all, everyone is free to speak what they want and have different opinions.
Side note just to try to prove you wrong. If it were not for 2 super-annoying and obvious CAP-EATS at X we wouldn't have had to play both Division and Paradigm. Thats why I find luck crucial in such matches - you're lucky you ate two crucial nades that would killed you 100% of times if this game wasn't a clusterfuck distaster (it is RIGHT NOW) and thus your opponents slips and misses once and the match is done.

@Lesonen after losing gather mode - on
Still we won by cap difference and in matches such as this that clearly says whos better

jk
Creature

Hacker since 2014
Clan: svk, im:// , eE. , }=>, b2w. , {808}

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 05:10:37 pm »

A moment of silence when you played every map from official map pool so you have to play fucking Paradigm Cheesy

Winter
Retired SCTFL Staff

Clan: LagForge

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 12:41:01 am »

@Lesonen after losing gather mode - on
Still we won by cap difference and in matches such as this that clearly says whos better

jk
Funny that you mentioned #lf vs In~, we won the match and the caps were 63 to In vs 46 from us Cool

Ps: you all can also check that Lesonen had 21/44 at Steel, nice sucking
Derek

Pain is temporary, victory is forever!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2018, 06:48:28 pm »

I wasn't able to watch it live, but I made sure to watch the streams and I wish to thank everyone who made that stream possible, it was one of the most beautiful display of Soldat that I ever saw after more than a decade playing this amazing game. Matches like that are the reason that I still have hopes and dreams for a wonderful future in this game.

Thank you pbu and IA for this masterpiece.

[00:31] <+Derek> Gov the post-mortem god is here
[00:31] <+Derek> How it feels to kill people 2 secs after death?
[00:32] <+Gov> Its like using the secondchance at CoD
[00:32] <+Derek> ROFL
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//
Clan: Federalna Ochrona Syberyjskich Tygrysów

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 04:03:02 pm »

Quote from: vinteek
I guess that's what TOP Soldat really is, when both teams are so good and equal that it takes LUCK to win and the final result is decided by TIED map. We all ate a hell of a lot of everything and I think gather servers should be put in mandatory maintanance after our match but no offense guys - you just had a little more luck with eats on crucial moments like those 2 sick eat-caps on X that almost made me fucking break my mouse.
The topic of "eats" always amazes me. Yes, it is a problem and eats are frustrating but if the eats were so crucial to the final outcome of the match, you would see a middle tier team sweeping a tournament sometimes, you don't. There is a reason why the same teams and players are consistently on top. There are no "equal" clans because each player is different, and every team consists of 3 different players. There's always someone who's better at certain route, at certain map.

If something should be reconsidered in SCTFL it should be the balance in the value of each round. I actually like the format of this cup and the reason is there can be so many rounds, as in this particular match, to ensure one map doesn't dictate the entire game. The rules of this cup make it even more fair. If this were SCTFL playoffs, you would have lost 2:3 after Rotten and there would be no discussion about eats in 10th map.

Basically what verbeia said: A one single misplay can blow a map for a team. But that doesn't mean they lost them the game. To lose, you managed to lose 8 rounds, meaning you made at least 8 big mistakes, or the opponents are just clearly better at certain positions. But "omg freaking eats" doesn't mean "omg he's so lucky that just won them the entire game". Randomness benefits a particular player on some occasions and other players on other occasions but in the long run, during the entire match randomness doesn't favor anyone. Everyone will get lucky and unlucky, but the better players will always end up taking a lead. It's easier to blame eats instead of acknowledge missplays. One lucky situation will never be the determinant of the final outcome.

I always like to use Poker as an example because it's basically the same thing. When the person with AA gets beat by a person with 7-2 they often get very mad that the guy with the worse starting hand didn't fold earlier in the hand. The truth is, a good poker player wants all of their opponents to play 7-2 every time he has AA.. because even though he may lose a round every now and then, over 20 rounds the AA will win far more than worse starting hands. That's the equivalent of Soldat's luck, bug, hit, eat or whatever one might want to call it. If you get mad because you got beat by a worse hand, you don't understand how to be profitable playing poker.

It's the same with Soldat. If you aim more accurately than your opponent, if you use better strategy, if you have better timing, you may get killed this time by whatever reason; hit, bug, eat... however if you engage with 20 opponents that have less gun and overall game knowledge skill than you, you'll win the round the majority of the time.

Now, you have a few choices on how you process this loss:

1. I didn't use optimal strategy for my team at certain maps and could have made better choices individually during certain clutches to give me a higher chance of a kill.

2. I did everything right but just got unlucky this time.

3. This freakin game or other players are unfair and it's their fault I died. Bugs, eats, vodka hacks, my cat climbed on the keyboard

The players that choose option #1 the most often improve. Players that choose option 2 and 3 will struggle to improve and most often stay on the same level. Once you understand this concept, you'll quickly be able to identify that there is always something you can learn. Other than that, i think it was a great show at the highest level.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...
RT da darkman
SCTFL Helper

It's All About Movement! <-
Clan: Arrow <-

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 11:10:20 pm »

TL;DR

Eats do decide matches

SCTFL27, SCTFC5, SCTFC3, SRL15, TNL-B, TNL-NA

<Ronaldinho> tommy just know that rakky is the best player inthis world if u ever lose with him u just a lame fuck
Verbeia
Top Guesser

who the fuck is zapko ?
Clan: \\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 08:26:13 pm »

Funny how petter brings out the philosophy of competitive soldat like a beast and rakkety comes out to blow himself LOL.

Fast cannonball animations
reebook

<+qb> that's not fair
Clan: Seals|

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 05:15:03 am »

Vodka should be finally permabanned for hacking.. And for asslicking belu

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheReadbug/videos

Soldat Videos
Fulya

Clan: \\F.O.S.T// im://

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 10:51:24 pm »

Vodka should be finally permabanned for hacking.. And for asslicking belu

Confirmed.

SCTFL 28 - 2nd Impure Minds
Pages: 1 [2]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat Steam Cup - SSC  |  SSC Match Reports  |  [Playoffs] pbu. vs IA/ « previous next »
    Jump to: