Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 09:29:33 am
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  let`s make it clear and fair, GL HF « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: let`s make it clear and fair, GL HF  (Read 1420 times)
cappy.

Clan: *Terminally Chill

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 08:15:56 pm »

Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks the eats have gotten worse. I thought since I hadn't played in a while I had forgotten how bad they were but everything just feels really random and as a result it's not enjoyable (even when you're the one eating).

The good news is that the new devs seem to be working on the netcode for the new soldat version and that is pretty exciting. I am just really happy that the devs in charge now seem to be active for once. I was pretty surprised to see how much work they have been putting into this game and it's great to see.

Hecox

Clan: ~RvS~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:16 pm »

The past is never dead. It's not even past.
    William Faulkner
Kummisetä
Kirvesmies

Marsalkka
Clan: <PrKl>

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:26 pm »

Everyone I've ever talked to has agreed on the fact that the AE/ admins were the most reliable, respectable, fair and unbiased back in the IRC times. The current admin team certainly pales in comparison, no question about that.

The history repeats itself in a way, SN slowly came to power in s.g in the wake of AE/ going inactive, and slowly became too 'self-aware' of their power status and started to abuse it relentlessly. The gather slowly died as a new gather was formed on the side, and everyone moved over there to g.eu. Given their massive bloated egos, the SN admins also quit the game pretty much immediately after this happened, not willing to accept it was their wrongdoings that caused this to happen, and would not let their pride get in the way of.. not joining the newly formed gather channel.

This is not to say all current admins are bad. But a couple of the centre figures certainly seem at least tainted with the virus. This has already led to the formation of two alternative gathers channels so far, whether more or less successful. If Soldat indeed does grow from here due to the Steam boost, perhaps even back to its former might, there should be some serious remodelling done in that very line-up, which doesn't seem too likely to happen given some of the ever so noticeable over the top self-righteousness, smugness and complete lack of.. look-in-the-mirrorness.

Best regards,
Kummisetä

SCTFL16 SCTFL17 SCTFL18 SCTFL22 SCTFL29

Deadpool

Clan: In ~

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 07:28:42 am »

Honestly, the toxicity and the corrupted behaviour doesn't apply only to admins in this community. It breaks my heart that with this low amount of people, hackers are still getting caught as well as people get blinded by the game to the point of not being able to think clearly or communicate. I'm aware it's always like that in different games and it always has been like that, but look at the current state of this game and its activity. Of course, there are exceptions of this flame war, which, by the way, does not stop even when the community is not even a half of what it once had been.
When Soldat gets on steam, I think you can't really expect most of the newcommers to take part in competitive part of this game, even if they were slowly becoming to be able to match all the vets skills. Most likely, they shall stay on public servers where they can simply have fun and not care about all the "inflated" egos.

Pages: 1 [2]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  let`s make it clear and fair, GL HF « previous next »
    Jump to: