Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 12:32:16 pm
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat 1v1 League - SVL  |  SVL Discussion  |  Who's in favor of running SVL4? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's in favor of running SVL4?  (Read 1017 times)
nosejj
SCTFL Helper
Head to toe soul player

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2018, 08:12:27 am »

Soldat 1v1 League Season 4
Let's go?!

Join Discord!
☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹メ
SADBOYS/EMOTIONALBOYS2004
jukka54m

Clan: F@K

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:54:48 pm »

I AM
Raged`

Clan: ~/SM\~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »

I AM SO HYPED Exclamation!!!!!'Exclamation' : ' )

Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//
Clan: Federalna Ochrona Syberyjskich Tygrysów

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:55:35 pm »

I'd love to play the next season too. Unfortunately though, there will be no SVL4 until there's a form of any anticheat around. After 3 seasons I know for a fact that many players are using various forms of cheats. Most of them do it in secrecy and combine that with no anti cheat, which puts fear in players even, well there is nothing to hold back the tide. No tools to stem the cheaters and when you give them free reign like SVL has then the inevitable happens. I experienced it many times and there's nothing you can do about that. Any form of competitive 1v1 doesn't make sense until there's an anticheat.

Yes, the obvious cheaters are just that, obvious. The majority though are far smarter, in outfits, blending in. They don't aimbot players from 500 yards out, they are smart, they can move. They use a trigger bot, not an aimbot, reload reduction and all the bells, curves and whistles that are hard to catch, impossible to catch. And i'm not going to sacrifice this beautiful creature of mine for the next hackfest. I'd gladly run the next season in a safe environment.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:03:14 pm by Petterkowski » Logged

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
nosejj
SCTFL Helper
Head to toe soul player

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:36:20 pm »

So do you suggest not running a single league/tournee until there's a proper anti-cheat?

Join Discord!
☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹メ
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:50:12 pm »

That's exactly what i think. Organise smaller cups/events to keep the activity for the time being. League is a serious deal because you sacrifice a month of your time and preparations to then find out you've been scammed. It's very grim but its happening to us again and again. Most of the community won't take it seriously unles they have a serious reason to - AC
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:51:50 pm by Petterkowski » Logged

nosejj
SCTFL Helper
Head to toe soul player

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 05:56:58 pm »

There is zero guarantee at the moment of when or if at all there'll be an anti-cheat to Soldat. Meaning that currently, we're waiting on nothing. Nobody promises 1.8 will make it harder on hackers to exploit the game. How long do you propose to wait then?

I just thought it'd be a great idea to get the ball rolling, step by step. And what's better than a 1vs1 league? It requires no clans, no time-scheduling with your mates... You just pop a message, hop on a server and go.

Hopefully it'll create some hype and we'll see some new players here, perhaps even new clans so we could play a different type of tournament.

Join Discord!
☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹メ
Vinteek

Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:42:37 pm »

Petter is 100% right here about launching 1v1 league, there were a lot players hacking in previous SVL, not aimbotting though. The most used cheat was and probably still is, no delay / no trigger / no start up (or so I heard "better barret" in Con's hack). It allows you to shoot more accurate with barret while moving since if you're playing normally you have to consider the delay and move acc. The guy who won SVL3 was using it and it was annoying as fuck but what can you do. Tbh Im still seeing no start up being used at gathers especially with law (it works the same way, people barely touching the ground and the missile is already half way through, people backflipping on the ground and shooting immediately).

However running SCTFL/SCTFC is different, we all know eachother and can tell how some person is supposed to play, we know that there is no chance for some random 3 guys winning the league because that would be just obvious.

If you want to keep the pace just run some 2v2 CUP, ctf/htf/tdm whatever. I wouldnt touch 1v1 until there is some kind of protection against cheaters.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:45:23 pm by Vinteek » Logged
Dezerteur

HeyHo, Let's GO!
Clan: ~RvS~ | Ravens

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:37:06 am »

Go go SVL, who cares about possible hackers, let‘s just have some competitive fun

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 04:56:08 pm »

And what's better than a 1vs1 league?
There's nothing worse than a 1vs1 league at the moment. If you had played the previous season, you'd have known what im talking about.

I think a lot of people fail to realize the technology of current cheats in 1v1. As vinteek's pointed out, this is not a team game where you can rely on your team-mates. You're on your own and its crucial for the final outcome of the match. Aimbots that look natural to the eye but improve your accuracy tremondously. And if you really want to know what's scary. A trigger bot with the awp, which is the most often used weapon in 1v1. Players literally just hold a button down and whip their awp within radious of the person and they die 98% of the time and hardly looks fishy at all. Due to lack of security, the cheats that are out these days will make any skilled player an even better player. And at the disposal of a few fake accounts these people learn how to cheat "properly" and SVL is unfortunately a great platform for it. Cheaters aren't running around with spin bots and blatantly staring at walls. You would probably never know if you're playing against a cheater because of this. The private cheat providers are really advanced and hard to detect. The only way that this can be stopped is to make an anticheat that operates on at least basic level, and that would be really intruding but it could work. Helloer did create such during the previous SCTFL and so i DO believe that it's possible to have it back for any kind of league. And i don't think it's a long wait from now.

Leagues and tournaments aren't meant to be fun, they're meant to be super competitive. People are eager to win, they play to win, and the minority that "just wants to have fun" usually give up on the whole thing after few matches. And that is why leagues should be created for the players who care because they're the main engine of the league's activity. Casuals are important too but in a 1v1 league they always vanish at some point because most of 1v1s are usually more controlled and refined, which after few matches is not "fun" for the casuals.

All kind of events are for those who want to have fun, leagues should be kept serious and competitive. Not the other way around. Please keep that in mind. If you want to have fun, i'd suggest to organise a smaller cup to begin with and just enjoy the beauty of this game.

Organising another SVL would be very disrespectful towards those who want to put a serious effort. In the end, why do one need to put an effort when cheaters clearly don't? Why would people want to play fair vs people who use aimbot, toggling walls, etc? In 1v1 you'll always lose, unless you're really, really good. Therefore, SVL4 is on hold
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:06:39 pm by Petterkowski » Logged

eXecutioner

Clan: ॐwaives

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 10:55:54 am »

lets go

00:50  @wampe : i have probably seen the nicest shaped penis today
Hecox

Clan: ~RvS~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 08:06:59 pm »

And what's better than a 1vs1 league?
There's nothing worse than a 1vs1 league at the moment. If you had played the previous season, you'd have known what im talking about.

I think a lot of people fail to realize the technology of current cheats in 1v1. As vinteek's pointed out, this is not a team game where you can rely on your team-mates. You're on your own and its crucial for the final outcome of the match. Aimbots that look natural to the eye but improve your accuracy tremondously. And if you really want to know what's scary. A trigger bot with the awp, which is the most often used weapon in 1v1. Players literally just hold a button down and whip their awp within radious of the person and they die 98% of the time and hardly looks fishy at all. Due to lack of security, the cheats that are out these days will make any skilled player an even better player. And at the disposal of a few fake accounts these people learn how to cheat "properly" and SVL is unfortunately a great platform for it. Cheaters aren't running around with spin bots and blatantly staring at walls. You would probably never know if you're playing against a cheater because of this. The private cheat providers are really advanced and hard to detect. The only way that this can be stopped is to make an anticheat that operates on at least basic level, and that would be really intruding but it could work. Helloer did create such during the previous SCTFL and so i DO believe that it's possible to have it back for any kind of league. And i don't think it's a long wait from now.

Leagues and tournaments aren't meant to be fun, they're meant to be super competitive. People are eager to win, they play to win, and the minority that "just wants to have fun" usually give up on the whole thing after few matches. And that is why leagues should be created for the players who care because they're the main engine of the league's activity. Casuals are important too but in a 1v1 league they always vanish at some point because most of 1v1s are usually more controlled and refined, which after few matches is not "fun" for the casuals.

All kind of events are for those who want to have fun, leagues should be kept serious and competitive. Not the other way around. Please keep that in mind. If you want to have fun, i'd suggest to organise a smaller cup to begin with and just enjoy the beauty of this game.

Organising another SVL would be very disrespectful towards those who want to put a serious effort. In the end, why do one need to put an effort when cheaters clearly don't? Why would people want to play fair vs people who use aimbot, toggling walls, etc? In 1v1 you'll always lose, unless you're really, really good. Therefore, SVL4 is on hold

PETRE

Who is possibly cheater from current players? (y)

The past is never dead. It's not even past.
    William Faulkner
Pages: [1]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat 1v1 League - SVL  |  SVL Discussion  |  Who's in favor of running SVL4? « previous next »
    Jump to: