Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2019, 06:16:02 am
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Gather admin transparancy « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gather admin transparancy  (Read 2131 times)
Vinteek

Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 01:28:50 am »

Another fine example of double standards in use.
Xionx being late for a gather for over 9 mins almost ruining it. Dash was on the server and he told that BP will be provided. After gather guess what happens, he adds up to next gather:
https://imgur.com/0TAbONo

When I told him few days ago to "shut the fuck up" when he wasn;t a part of a conversation when he started whining about me even writing something down i was immediately silenced, without warnings, without anything just like that, but when its him doing something wrong TWICE already its just next warning Smiley
He added himself to a voiced gather while back despite being level1
Now this.

But hey lets just start being sarcastic and act funnieh
https://imgur.com/a/ghOWKi8
https://imgur.com/a/xBNQTtg
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:33:07 am by Vinteek » Logged
Necro`

Clan: eX.-

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 02:30:19 am »

dont mess with the xionx

in chilean TV we have too much dramatic telenovelas, that's why we are dramatic people and we have sentiments. you guys don't have sentiments, freeze people...
kapusta
Event Staff
Clan: BLOB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 03:02:00 am »

Another fine example of double standards in use.
Xionx being late for a gather for over 9 mins almost ruining it. Dash was on the server and he told that BP will be provided. After gather guess what happens, he adds up to next gather:

Hi Vinteek. The information I have more or less confirms what you said about xi0nx being roughly 8 minutes late to a gather. When this occurred, I personally handled the situation by issuing him a banpoint categorized as being late to a gather:
https://imgur.com/a/ovprEjn
Since our last revision of our gather's rules in April, it has never been our policy to ban someone the first time they are late to a gather.

When I told him few days ago to "shut the fuck up" when he wasn;t a part of a conversation when he started whining about me even writing something down i was immediately silenced, without warnings, without anything just like that, but when its him doing something wrong TWICE already its just next warning Smiley

We do periodically apply these 'silences' without warning to individuals that are being particularly provocative. For future reference, in these cases, they do not last more than 20 minutes - 2 hours.

For the sake of transparency, we do have a documented warning for you from earlier this month for being extremely inflammatory towards a new player. May I note that, unfortunately, this player has also not played in our gathers since that incident. You were notified that this is frowned upon, but were not punished in any way.

I hope I was able to address some of your concerns.
Vinteek

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:35 am »

Hi Vinteek. The information I have more or less confirms what you said about xi0nx being roughly 8 minutes late to a gather. When this occurred, I personally handled the situation by issuing him a banpoint categorized as being late to a gather:
https://imgur.com/a/ovprEjn
Since our last revision of our gather's rules in April, it has never been our policy to ban someone the first time they are late to a gather.

To be honest I think being and admin means that you're supposed to represent the higher level of behavior and be treated more harsh than an ordinary players. That's why I still think that nosej is by far the best admin out of all of you since when he did ruin a gather once, he immediately banned himself. Some of you on the other hand are tragically lacking in keeping discipline when it comes to yourselves.

We do periodically apply these 'silences' without warning to individuals that are being particularly provocative. For future reference, in these cases, they do not last more than 20 minutes - 2 hours.

Yes, you also apply these 'silences' each time you see some polish player typing something in polish language but when it's some finnish player typing repetitively in finnish all I can see are messages that magically disappear after a .prune command. Dont get me wrong I'm not saying you should silence fins too, you shouldnt have silence poles for doing it if you;re not doing that to others.

Also, you think I'm provocative since I'm one of the guys who are telling the truth about how you run things in the open and defy you. I tried doing it in private but it just didn't work since you're all:
- too delusional to admit that you've been wrong about something.
- too delusional to notice that you're doing exact same mistakes that #s.g admins did which lead to #gather.eu being formed and community being more and more divided.
- too delusional to admit that you're not always RIGHT.

Also if you apply 'silence' flag on someone be so kind as to inform that individual of how long is it going to last, I wasn't informed how long mine was going to last, what was I supposed to do? Google it up how long gather's silence lasts? Funny thing it was after you yourself said that you guys need to improve when it comes to inform players of their punishment and its duration.

For the sake of transparency, we do have a documented warning for you from earlier this month for being extremely inflammatory towards a new player. May I note that, unfortunately, this player has also not played in our gathers since that incident. You were notified that this is frowned upon, but were not punished in any way.

First of all I gotta admit that I insulted this guy but to straight things up:
- guy was total pain in the ass, he was using 5/6 taunts after being killed/killing someone each time, it was unberable and I did ask him to stop with additional "idiot" line.
- extrakto is not a new player and it clearly shows that you're not long enough here to know that, check your facts first. We have plenty of those, old players, who came and played once and never again and yet i doubt that toxicity is the reason each one of them stopped playing again.
- his english was so fucking terrible that I do not believe he was in any capacity of reporting someone. Haste looked it up and warned me from his own initiative but when it comes to doing something out of his own initiative towards other admins or players who are not known for being "provocative" its "have you reported him"?

I would never insult a new player because I know how much negative effect it takes on them.

Once again in our history, the community is divided, new gathers are being formed, old players show up, play once and then never more. Admins still refuse to do something to prevent it, all they're doing is being hellbent on "I'm an admin I'm always right." "You don't agree with what we're doing then you're provocative troll."

Sounds very Zeagerish to me
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:07:15 am by Vinteek » Logged
toom

Clan: AXIS - "SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 09:09:47 pm »

checked up on my thread, and came to see this. no suprise here folks, it's the same gutter gutter lackluster of an Admin team composed of darDar and his indistinguishable, ass for face lackeys.

lets start by taking notice of even Lesonens displeasure of the admin team, which of whom he barks their words and rules when judging others, but the moment the dog is given a taste of reality to what us REAL people deal with, he starts pissing on the same admin team he's given special treatment from, don't worry lesonen, it's only a small time mute, you'll be right back to slobbing their faces soggy once the weeks over.

Now lets get back to darDar, and his virgin team taskforce. Not one of these guys in Admin position are capable, ever showed capability, or even gave the doubt they could somehow be the rational decision makers of this community. Like i stated in my 'Fuck you' post, darDar has never showed cooperability, self-thought, equality, or ears to hear replies. Good luck hoping he responds back. Mind you, this is the same guy trying to coerce his way in dev team, and is leader of WM. Good job, Shoozza. You chose the least competent person to be the elixir mixer of WM - the most deal breaking aspects of a game, might I add.

Lets ignore darDars shallow persona for a bit. What has he done to ever gain the respect (which was never shown except from those who joined his circus ruse after he was gather admin), seniorship, leader traits, or even a cool head to be the head of gathers? lets dwell on this...

Back when gathers were basically dead, chippers (bunch of ringless nolifes) just won sctfl a few weeks ago or so. Just beat clans by their own sheer numbers... Literally. These guys had around 80% of the active clowns (which was a morph of arrows and tanaka's clan, because you're nothing more than just a tag of 'tanaka's clan')  that, was that, it happened, the players who could never get a ring got one.

Well, as the IRC channel died more and more each day, weeks to months later, I rejoined along with Usso. We sparked the gathers again, and had actual real competitive matches that weren't just BFRO members, and the community started trinkling back into the bucket one drop at a time. It was nothing big, though. Only brought activity back to the gathers, had some vets, and the nolifers relog, and wen't back to dominating with my sparring partner Usso.

Things were okay for a few days, darDar was being overly conversational, pm'd me, we had some games together, joked around IRC, all that rainbow and sunshine gayshit. Keep in mind, darDar is ALWAYS a snake at the start and will show his true colors the more sense of power he thinks he has (which is determined by how many idlers are in his gather channel). Players are coming back, we play, get the community back to partial what it used to be.

Now players are coming back, darDar flips the switch, and his persona takes a total 180. He now starts to patrol IRC text like he's a bronx cop waiting for the next hood BBQ fight to occur. He starts banning over buzzwords like "noob," "trash," "fuck," all which are pretty fucking standard in any game you faggot.  He's now banning over accusations from players stating someone was trolling, or ruining the game, (regardless of K/D, presenting a demo, or even acknowledging these guys are just a bunch of internet nerds hating another game because of some past internet text (?)). He's back to his unjustified banning spree as usual, and unfortunately I get banned. I wont pretend to be a buttercup, but when I say I have demos or pics to prove how grimy some of these soldatp layers get down just to say they fooled an admin into banning by sheer accusations (even including idlers who just hopped back on their pc and joined the party to see others banned), there either needs to be a cased looked at, demos reviewed, or even PM's.

darDar does none of that. He bans (if he already dislikes you, or you've questioned him before, which makes him hold a grudge), blocks you so that you can't respond. And will shoot you a winded 3 paragraphs of slurs, cusses, etc. All from which he patrols heavily in the chat lobby. I don't usually care about words, but if you're going to spike your balls in PM's, at least give others the benefit to spark back on your faggot ass, or just don't ban, chump.

As per usual, after dardars banning parade is over, the community declined once AGAIN, and it was a ghost town.

Few weeks to months past, and I relog, trying to get some games in. darDar is bake to his fake coddling persona. It's nothing new, i just fake it aswell, and play my gathers. Now here is the problem once you boot the community back up, and you're either hated by players admins give special treatment, a small group of 'elitist' players like tim, leso, and dutch, or even an admin yourself. The gathers are back on again, thanks to reappearance by Usso and I (you can say im giving myself too much credit for resurrecting Soldat, but you can ask Usso himself, or even darDar if he wants to admit it) We get it rolling, of course the virgin bandits attack and we're back to either a ban with no trial, false accusations, or just grimy players trying to spam their reasons as to why ban.

I also get banned again, but fuck it. I've made huge milestones IRL, doing hobbies, partying, bitches (Miami).

I return and this collosal ozium-can physique weirdo is still the man leading the admins and gather channel.

I que up, get some games going. Now get this, D4sh decides to hop in my loaded gather, along with ricr.

I kid you not, i'm carrying d4sh like a turbo charged camel seconds away from a spring. This manlet d4sh has the audacity to get mad, let his ego sink in that i'm far better, and have been since and 2 years prior to SWC. Gets mad I told him to switch weapons because he CANNOT play guardian anymore. He's like an early 2000's pentium processor surrounded by souped-up i7's at this point. He doesn't do it. He continues with his award winning 'least likely to get a body shot' spaz, and the next map loads up.

Cool, i'll just underperform and not really put as much work as I did the first map. Keep in mind, halfway through the 2nd map, i'm still better than him in stats, playmaking, and assisting with caps. This guy gets mad i'm not playing up to what I could be, and says im trolling.

KEEP IN MIND: I'm still using an auto/semi, and not m79 or rett (like he does when he awoke just a bit earlier that very morning)

We're back in discord chat, I que again for another gather. This diva D4sh, says I was trolling. He then proceeds to bring up other virgin bandits to awaken from their afk, at their surprise that i'm on discord, and hop on his coattails just to see a reaction.

Ricr then decides to let himself in the convo, with subtle words, you cant really make out whether he's agreeing, disagreeing, or talking to a brick wall.

These madonnas, then cause texts to explode in discord, because I already know I have to give my words as to what happened in the gather, playing with D4sh, etc. darDar then comes along and instantly bans. That's it. He instantly bans. He didn't catch on that you could still text in the other lobby channels, so I texted as to why he would ban without checking logs, etc, or anything really. I already knew it was a losing battle.

He mutes me all channels. I then decide to troll and say, "Okay, watch your servers these next few nights," insinuating a ddos. Now shoozza, and some other lackey admins are flared green in activity and read logs. Of course they don't really say anything about how darDars courting was done or anything, but then have some small talk about ddoss, etc, whatever.

I'm not sure why I PM'd shoozza, in hopes of settling this or my ban. I was under the thinking he'd either do something with the terrible officiating, try and have a small talk about the ban, or anything. Nope. He just says it's darDars channel basically.

Hey, you underperforming minotaur of the past few years, you do fucking realize it's the OFFICIAL SOLDAT DISCORD, RIGHT? RIGHT? I mean... Every fucking player in this dead spread out community will go there as it's the channel you officiated as the general collection of gathers to be played, whilst still being in contact with devs. But no... This guy just as easily as darDar switches persona, gives up all the ruling, officiating, and power to darDar.

Oh, and you're still reading: HE DID NOTHING (even the servers were basically Ussos at a time)

I've noticed this, but why is it, only you two germans somehow find it in eachother that you're the best at whatever X position is needed or how it's done? No one would ever give darDar the time of fucking day for anything regarding the core of Soldat. Not even adding on to his petty persona. And why would someone as inconsistent, "vote what u want in 1.8 and hopefully it'll pop up in ur dreams tonight", rumored to be uncooperative just like darDar, is given so much power?  There needs to be proper tiers in every team, with no one calling all the shots, as you both really aren't built for it, and let it get to your heads.

I got more ammo to unload, but i already spent 25 minutes on this. (don't forget I never posted vodkas aimbot run, etc)

I just wanted to say: You all shouldve expected this sometime or later. It always happens. It always did when it was under darDar or someone just as uncooperative and powertripped. Name a gather was under such fire as opposed to when Zeager, or the other germans got out of line. You can't. I'm not racist or anything, but what is this powertrip only you germans in control seem to have?  Wampe, bern, and the rest of them I mean no insult, but how are the most powerhungry in control of it all?

Seriously, we act like these guys are running a fortune500 we cant take down without billions. These fragile minded taskforce figure-heads are just people appointed by the community, or coercing because they have the gather bot, somehow got their gather channel officiated, whilst still being nil at other character traits that make people in position why they are.

People who should no be complaining in this thread because of past hive-mind banning, special privileges or, just sheer admin connections:

Rakkety. Lesonen. Tim. Dutchflame. Basically every player who had to join chipper to win a vapor ring for a vaporized community, in a vaporized corner of the internet.

Get some girls, get some morals, 25+ and latching onto soldat because that's the only game you were ever ahead of the curve enough in to be good at.

Ciao, all the real niggas left and your still in the same spot you were years ago, under the same people. I just took a big dookie on 'darDars Official Soldat Chamber'

Oh and.. good luck finding a trailer for a game that will never be put in Steam. MM is a con artist always has, and always will be. This game was toxic since the start from the source itself. You're just now realizing how tarnished soldat has been. You couldn't even keep me in my age group, you think someones going to come to this toxic, boring, delusional gather channel? You won't get any young audience, all you can hope for is bringing back your oldies, just so they can come in discord, look how players hack about, admins give favorship, and quit again. Shoutout to Shady.

Did i mention darDar went out of his way to change gather link, after permabanning me? this guy hasn't seen ass since his mom left her imprints on his forehead
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:39:05 pm by toom » Logged
Vinteek

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 09:22:17 am »

lets start by taking notice of even Lesonens displeasure of the admin team, which of whom he barks their words and rules when judging others, but the moment the dog is given a taste of reality to what us REAL people deal with, he starts pissing on the same admin team he's given special treatment from, don't worry lesonen, it's only a small time mute, you'll be right back to slobbing their faces soggy once the weeks over.
People who should no be complaining in this thread because of past hive-mind banning, special privileges or, just sheer admin connections:
Rakkety. Lesonen. Tim.

So very true lol. But you've got your facts incorrect, they are actually banning everyone when that person deserves it, they just don't ban themselves when they deserve it.

As to dardar being in charge, well needless to say I can agree 100% with what you've just said.

Suggestions:
1. Stop banning/silencing people for using different languages than English. English Only rule exists at warious channels but it's never a reason to silence/ban someone. Delete these messages if someone reports it or if you're seeing other language being used. Even if its coming repetetively from same people, you CANT actually punish someone for using his own language because it's some form of racism too.

2. You have been using your levels as a way to balance gathers. They are not balanced at all which we can see on regular basis. People who are on trial are being thrown in a same bag (level) with other voiced players which are far far better than them not as much in skill itself but in gamesens/ctf knowledge overall. Adding level5 was a good idea but you should have added levels up to 6th. Transfer all of your current level5's into level6, transfer all level4 that passed the trial long ago to level5 and leave level4 for players who are on trial or just passed the trial. You can then have more use of your trial jury with voting which of level4 deserves to be level5 and wich of level5 deserves to be level6 and otherwise, which players no longer deserve their level and should have their level reduced.

3. Make something similiar to google sheets of trial jury but make it available for all the players who are willing to contribute so they can voluntary judge other non voiced players skills. It should make normal gathers way more balanced since the real trial jury rarely plays normal gathers so does the admins and therefore you're not fully able to judge some player "level" after playing one gather with him.

4. Don't ignore your players. I've been telling you for more than a week that one of your servers is piece of shit, its unplayable, eats there are twice or even three times bigger than on the other servers yet you completly ignored it and all you were doing was laughing about it when I was saying this first in private messages and then in public. If someone complains about your services degraded performance look into it.

5. If you see a lot of people complaing about something then it means something is wrong. Ask them for their opinion, don't assume you're always right just because you're an admin and we all know that in history of gather admining there was no admin team that was perfect and did everything good. We moved to discord, perhaps its time to actually be more transparent and community friendly, getting their help whenever there is a chance rather than keeping everything behind the closed door. Make some pools, make people commit themselves.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:58:22 am by Vinteek » Logged
Denacke
SWC Staff

Clan: (SN)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 11:12:45 am »

Nice list of suggestions Vinteek, I hope we can continue the discussion in this fashion instead of Tooms' way. My intention is not to flame the current admin team. All things considered, they are doing a good job. Being an admin sucks, believe me, I know. You get blamed for everything, whichever decision you take, people will whine to you. I humbly ask all posters to keep the discussion civil and respectful.

On the suggestions:
1) I agree that the language rule doesn't need to be adminned so strictly. A few lines of text in a different language is hardly an issue. I can understand taking action against full pages in a different language, but even so, just silence for a few minutes / 1 hour but I wouldn't really put any more weight to it.

2) All this dividing in levels seems like hard work. The more levels you make the harder it gets, the more whine there will be. I think we should wait and see how this 5 level idea is working out first and see if further improvement is needed

3) Not sure what the best course of action is for leveling up or leveling down people. I doubt the google sheet would really work well as it seems like something nobody will take time and effort for to actually fill in.
Perhaps some sort of commendation system programmed in the discord bot could help this? Like if I play a gather, right after I have a 10 minute window to commend one of the people I played with: !commend @player. This would count as a vote for this player to level up. Then weekly you could tally up the scores. Then you have a list of people of which the community feels they need a level up and then you can decide on whether to level up these people or not? That way only people that actually played with you can have a decision in whether or not you get levelled up or not.

4&5) As an admin you always have to do some culling, you can't investigate everything people report to you because you simply don't have the time (who wants to watch 3 hours of demos to find out this player is just getting owned instead of being beaten by a hacker). So yeah it's a thin line between what you take seriously and what you let slide. So far I don't have any personal complaints in that regard with the current admin team.

As a new suggestion:
6) I still think it would be better to report the banning / silencing of people publicly in the gather channel when you execute it. Something like 'Lesonen has been silenced for 1 hour for not talking english' for example. It avoids all the criticism you get now about people claiming not to know why they are banned although you claim you always tell them what for and for how long. Plus it allows us as a community to see what punishments are dealt for which 'crimes' so to speak.
darDar

Clan: gather.soldat.pl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 01:34:33 pm »

Interesting post tommy,

I've already been inactive as an admin at the times when Soldat Gather migrated to Discord.
That hasn't really changed since then. In the meanwhile, we've built a strong and reasonable team of admins and contributors.

Special thanks to  to nosejj, who has already been admin at #Gather.EU with us. He puts a lot of work into Discord, the Gather and made a lot of things move.

"He starts banning over buzzwords like "noob," "trash," "fuck," all which are pretty fucking standard in any game you faggot."

Hasn't ever happened.

"He's now banning over accusations from players stating someone was trolling, or ruining the game, (regardless of K/D, presenting a demo, or even acknowledging these guys are just a bunch of internet nerds hating another game because of some past internet text (?)). He's back to his unjustified banning spree as usual, and unfortunately I get banned."

Don't let me lie,..
I probably added like 3 bans in total on Discord.

Get your ' ' facts ' ' straight. You're exposing yourself yet again.

"thanks to reappearance by Usso and I (you can say im giving myself too much credit for resurrecting Soldat, but you can ask Usso himself, or even darDar if he wants to admit it) We get it rolling, (...)"

Speechless.

You did nothing to bring back activity to gathers. Are you seriously trying to take credit for the work I did ?!
IRC gather was completely dead after Fryer, nosejj, mtk and myself quit. There were 20 idlers remaining and a bot.

Creating the #Soldat channel and having +60 gathers per day during peak times made an actual impact.
During that time, I did everything by myself with technical support by Furai and jrgp.

You haven't ever been an admin or a contributor. All you ever did was reveal your fragile and miserable life in troll messages on the IRC.

PS:

", he went to such lengths to ban me, and you know; the dickrider that is darDar who now controls the scene took it upon himself to further lengthen that ban with a permanent to once again, show his masculinity in a dead, guaranteed to fail playerbase."

darDar then comes along and instantly bans. That's it. He instantly bans. He didn't catch on that you could still text in the other lobby channels, so I texted as to why he would ban without checking logs, etc, or anything really. I already knew it was a losing battle.

Dear tommyj:

1.) I haven't been active for quite a while now.
2.) I did not ban you.
3.) I wasn't even involved.

"As to dardar being in charge, well needless to say I can agree 100% with what you've just said."

Shameful.

OnTopic: We used to have a ban list back on IRC. So people could look up their ban-reason and the ban-duration.
(outdated ban-list)

Sadly, those had to be added manually to the website (which is the reason that they are outdated).
We do now have a bot that send a personal message containing ban details.

As a new suggestion:
6) I still think it would be better to report the banning / silencing of people publicly in the gather channel when you execute it. Something like 'Lesonen has been silenced for 1 hour for not talking english' for example. It avoids all the criticism you get now about people claiming not to know why they are banned although you claim you always tell them what for and for how long. Plus it allows us as a community to see what punishments are dealt for which 'crimes' so to speak.

It's probably a good idea to show ban-details in a public place, good idea.

<stachu|ATX7> No, becouse you're nothing and your asslicking gaves you op everywhere so you think you're huuuge
Denacke
SWC Staff

Clan: (SN)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 02:20:42 pm »

OnTopic: We used to have a ban list back on IRC. So people could look up their ban-reason and the ban-duration.
(outdated ban-list)

Sadly, those had to be added manually to the website (which is the reason that they are outdated).

As a new suggestion:

I assume this was sarcastic?

So on the one hand you implemented a public ban list for IRC, on the other hand it's a bad idea to show ban details in a public place? Might need to make up your mind.
A similar ban list for Discord would be just as fine (maybe even better) as mentioning it on the gather channel. I just figured it would be less work to adjust the bot to also message the #gather channel instead of just the banned user.

As said, having a public ban list makes it easier for us as a community to review the admin work and the rules being applied. I guess that can be scary as an admin.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:22:27 pm by Denacke » Logged
darDar

Clan: gather.soldat.pl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 03:08:01 pm »

(outdated ban-list)

As a new suggestion:

I assume this was sarcastic?

So on the one hand you implemented a public ban list for IRC, on the other hand it's a bad idea to show ban details in a public place? Might need to make up your mind.

I wasn't sarcastic. I meant, that it is a good idea   Exclamation
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:12:12 pm by darDar » Logged

<stachu|ATX7> No, becouse you're nothing and your asslicking gaves you op everywhere so you think you're huuuge
hellsik
LoRd oF ThE cAtS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 05:32:57 pm »

alot of blames going to dardars face but i would like to say he was an ok admin imo a little bit biased but faiy enough to delete an unfairy bans from dutchflame/dash tier admins, what i see now is the best option is just  to look a new guys who want to make an administration roles, because what i see now whole admin team are having a god syndrome and very biased to some of players, and like cmon 24-48 hours for being late? over week ban for saying some joke nosejj dosnt like? with 20ppl playing that game Huh? dardar whole community will appreciate you alot if you gonna change an admin team,kinda need to stop that bullshit going on.. we cant even start a gathers atm because alot of active players are just silnced for a few days-weeks . seriously DarDar please stop that

28 SCTFL SCTFL 22 LoF 2x times SDRC
Vinteek

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 12:28:49 am »

"As to dardar being in charge, well needless to say I can agree 100% with what you've just said."

Shameful.

Ok let me rephrase this. I shouldnt have said that I'm agreeing with 100% of what he just said about you and for that you have my sincerest apology.

What I meant in general is that I believe that you, and your doings are amongst the reasons of why this game got worse and why community was growing smaller and smaller.

1. I'm not going to comment on Tommyj's personal crusade towards you and ricr but I do remember a lot of whining coming at you from a lot of players back in the days for being a bad admin/banning people for no reasons etc etc. I cannot give you examples because it was long ago and believe it or not neither of us can remember everything that has happend there but what I've just said above is one thing that i trully remember about #gather.eu. What he said about people who were always treated better is unfortunately right. Back then rakkety was resposible for ruining majority of gathers he added up to. Either by not showing up at all, by showing up late af, by dcing 4 times per map. Lesonen ever since he won SCTFL 4th time with hackers in roster got so cocky that it remained even to this day. Since then he was always the most toxic player i've seen when it comes to respecting his teammates and new players that were occasinaly popping out. He never got banned or punished for doing so.

2. You had your part in ruining the game since you were charged with WM changes. Ever since the change from 1.4.2 to 1.5 the eats have rapidly increased and a lot of people were whining about some WM being unplayable. Up to this day I trully believe that we havent seen a WM that was remotely to being half as good and balanced as 1.4.2 or 1.3.1 was. I'm not into game developing but the only one thing eats have in common with soldat is that they are worse each time there is a new version around and that thing always came up with new WM in pair. I even saw someone sayin at Shoozas den that its WM changes that are casuing eats amounts increase.
- There is not a single game that once its out had it weapons completly changed.
- There is not a single game when such changes are being applied with each new patch/version.
Why its the reason people left the game and community was getting smaller? Some of us spent days/weeks/months some even years to be good with particular weapon. If you change it out of a sudden there are only two options:
- they adapt
- they leave
In our case the second option was chosen by the majority, sadly.
I trully get your point and why you were trying to change WM. IT was in order to make game more easy, balanced and new-players friendly since it took time to master some weapon in previous versions. Don't get me wrong, you achieved that perfectly but at what cost? There was not a time in past few years when you've been in charge of WM that some huge amount of new players have come. Sadly when it comes to keeping score I believe a lot more people left the game due to WM changes than new players have started to play. And tbh it didnt balance the game in any way. People who were on top with previous WM and decided to stay were still on top with new WM.
And I've also heard that you were totally refusing any help when forming new WM, not going to post anything more about it because i dont know if its the truth but if it is then its another reason.
CS:GO is among the most profitable games worldwide and its also fully into esports. Imagine what would happen if they'd changed the AK/M4 or other weapons recoil pattern out of a sudden or change its other properities. Competetive scene would probably ragequit.

3. You were among the people who thought that SN guys were horrible admins and it was one of the reasons you formed your own gather - #gather.eu. IT was doing good for some time, people were happy that they arent being banned for nothing but after the time passed you started making the same mistakes that SN's were doing. Right now the sory has come to a full circle. Things are doing horribly bad, people are whining at what you're doing as an entire admin team and instead of trying to do something about it you're just making jokes out of it or dont even treat it seriously. Another gather HAS BEEN formed and people are already playing it. It wont kill your gather since its official discord channel of the game but it will lead to another division of community and you're not even trying to stop it from happening.

with 20ppl playing that game Huh? dardar whole community will appreciate you alot if you gonna change an admin team,kinda need to stop that bullshit going on.. we cant even start a gathers atm because alot of active players are just silnced for a few days-weeks . seriously DarDar please stop that

We're playing a dead game, we have like 50 active players and like ~~100 semiactive (or even less). It doesnt mean that you're supposed to be free to do whatever the fuck you want. The rules are there for a reason and if you break them you have to face consequences, but the point is that those consequences should be the same for each person admin or not, voiced or not. admin friend or not. It wasn't so far. I;ve been watching it since the day I joined discord but i kept my mouth shut until i realized that it will only cause another fucked up situation right the one we're facing now.

2) All this dividing in levels seems like hard work. The more levels you make the harder it gets, the more whine there will be. I think we should wait and see how this 5 level idea is working out first and see if further improvement is needed

Trial jury is already working on google sheets, its not like they're doing it all day long, it takes about 5 mins or even less to cast your vote there or write a short comment also its not like they have to do it in one day, voting takes time.

3) Not sure what the best course of action is for leveling up or leveling down people. I doubt the google sheet would really work well as it seems like something nobody will take time and effort for to actually fill in.
Perhaps some sort of commendation system programmed in the discord bot could help this? Like if I play a gather, right after I have a 10 minute window to commend one of the people I played with: !commend @player. This would count as a vote for this player to level up. Then weekly you could tally up the scores. Then you have a list of people of which the community feels they need a level up and then you can decide on whether to level up these people or not? That way only people that actually played with you can have a decision in whether or not you get levelled up or not.

Commendation system would be ok aswell but why spend time and code it while you can do exact same thing with google sheets. Make bot pm a player/spam in #gather once gathers is ended: Hey! It looks like you've just played your gather! Please help us improve and rate your teammates and enemies in scale 1-6 when it comes to their overall skill.

As a new suggestion:

+1
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:33:14 am by Vinteek » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Gather admin transparancy « previous next »
    Jump to: