Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 11:47:58 am
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Alternative wm gather « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternative wm gather  (Read 518 times)
ginn
SCTFL Advisor
qb or qb´ on quakenet

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:52:21 pm »

I've set up a gather channel on discord https://discord.gg/WFZCmwg

The bot is quite primitive, and you may have to go into channel options and disable any voice alerts, or something like that (I haven't noticed it, but somebody complained). It's not one I've programmed myself, simply one that's been slightly adapted to deal with soldat.

!add = add
!remove = del
!who = status

soldat://node-de4.gshost.us:25460/123 - Note: This is a gather server, if there are people playing DO NOT INTERFERE

Ingame commands
!wm 219 for the latest current version https://pastebin.com/raw/ExqhAbxU
!random for a random map, since the bot will not tell you about a tb map

There's only one server, and the bot is not connected to it. If there's already a gather running when you join the server, then wait for it to end.
If there's enough people wanting to play I'll get extra servers.

Soldat is soon to be released, and it's within your power to decide how the wm turns out.

Differences from dardar wm beta 7.

DE
- slightly lower damage

MP5
- significantly lower damage
- no punishment for torso/feet hits
- less spread/more accurate

AK-47
- slightly less damage
- slightly longer fire interval (10->11)
- bulletpush adjusted accordingly
- very significantly lowered movement acc (0.01 -> 0.0015)
- no spread
- less self-bink (same value, but a longer fire interval decreases self-bink)

Steyr AUG
- significantly lower damage
- more movement acc
- less bulletspread
- overall more accurate

Spas-12
- slightly less damage
- slightly longer fire interval (32->34)
- slightly decreased reload time (175->165)
- more bullet push (this affects flags and players)

Ruger-77
- slightly lower damage
- significantly increased punishment for body/feet hit
- greatly reduced movement acc (0.03->0.008, without movement input it should be pinpoint accurate to ~40m)
- noticeable bink
- significantly increased fire rate (default)

M79
- identical

Barrett M82A1
- slightly lowered fireinteral (225->210)
- lowered bink (65->55)

FN Minimi
- lower damage
- slightly longer reload time (240->250)
- removed movement acc
- slightly decreased bullet spread (0.064->0.060)

XM214 Minigun
- slightly lower damage
- slightly increased bullet speed (28->29, default)
- reduced reload time (410->365)
- increased ammo capacity (80->100, default)
- significantly lowered movement acc (0.0415->0.0225)
- significantly increased spread (0.0233->0.05)
- greatly lowered bullet push/borderline removed
- removed recoil
- added start up time (same as barrett, 19)

A lot of the lowered damage is made up for by higher accuracy, although time to kill may be slightly longer overall.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:59:34 pm by ginn » Logged
CheeSeMan
Soldat TV

Clan: cB.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:00:26 am »

Nice will try

<@Starry> blondes are my only weakness. blondes and grenades.
reebook

<+qb> that's not fair
Clan: Seals|

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

Yo yea played there few gathers and this wm seems better than dardars for me, I mean ruger is usable here at least, but im not saying its perfect

aways, if soldat really will be on steam, 50% of ppl will delete soldat after theyll see the old 80s menu.

next 40 % ppl will delete it after they will know our toxic community and eats,

lets hope the remaining 10% will stay n play.. we need to make soldat GREAT again !

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheReadbug/videos

Soldat Videos
Creature

Hacker since 2014
Clan: svk, im:// , eE. , }=>, b2w. , {808}

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:35:01 pm »

aways, if soldat really will be on steam, 50% of ppl will delete soldat after theyll see the old 80s menu.

Usually, I do not agree with rbk, but he's right now.. The first impression is the most important one for newcomers..this menu really looks like it was made in object oriented pascal.. it has to be chaged

Vinteek

Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »

And the remaining 10% that reebok speeks of will leave once they find out that this game will never have an anticheat. Good luck trying.
ginn
SCTFL Advisor
qb or qb´ on quakenet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 12:55:38 am »

The main point with steam release is that it'll likely be the last version of soldat. After that MM is considering to make it open source, due to some petition.

Once it becomes open source it could be a beginning of something good, or it could just fork out into a huge mess with an increased split community.
If it doesn't go open source, I don't see any more updates for the game.

What does that mean? This is the last wm, you'll be stuck with the wm shoozza/dardar decides for for the rest of soldats life. I really suggest that you stop spamming gathers in the ordinary gather channel, and try mine out. If you're still not happy with any wm options, make on yourself (I'll host it). Make sure your opinion gets heard, this is the only possible way to get the changes you want done.

-----

If you like a particular gun, give me feedback about what you like about the gun. How you think you can bring out it's uniqueness. I'll try to modify it accordingly. If it's too OP, we'll try to figure out how to nerf it, or if it's too UP we'll try to buff it.

Spend a little bit of time, and leave your feedback in the #wm-feedback channel.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:14:32 am by ginn » Logged
reebook

<+qb> that's not fair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 08:26:36 pm »

And the remaining 10% that reebok speeks of will leave once they find out that this game will never have an anticheat. Good luck trying.

shit man i forgot we have no anticheat ... gg Cheesy

Soldat Videos
Hecox
LadyBoysGayLads.Net Owner

Clan: ~RvS~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:04:06 am »

fucktard MM should've pay money to Battleye

The past is never dead. It's not even past.
    William Faulkner
Vinteek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

Well if you take into consideration that BattlEye is now being used as anticheat in few most popular games these days (PUBG and Fortnite) you might assume it got way better since it's Soldat days. What probably comes in package is the bigger price for rights to use it. BattlEye in it's Soldat times didn't deserve to be called anticheat since it were stopping only free versions of hacks, once you decided to pay for hack or someone broadcasted full hack via irc, the game was screwed. MSAC was a great idea, but competetive community rushed it into use which resulted in decrease of activity because a shitload of players were having problems with fps drop.

Also I agree with Banana San that making Soldat open source is it's last chance to ever being something that might be called a "game" once more. However even if steam release will succed this game will still die, later, but it will. The reason for it's inevitable death is the thing that kept competetive scene alive - gathers. Gathers are just a resource to separate competetive players from public players. It had it's perks when Soldat Community (pub+competetive) was big enough and we could enjoy playing with decent players on our team, but in it's current state of things playing gathers is only making things worse. Make 3v3 public, scripted servers with some rules of substitutions so that when someone on spec wants to play he can actually do it.

Also I would advise not to trust MM. He sold this game to cummunity developers long ago and didn't do shit to attempt to save it. Once he realized he might get popular again by introducing it on steam he comes out of literally nothing to "help". Once he realizes it will have no effects since as we said:

However I'd say that 50% of people will leave because of hits.
Cheers guys and come play Fortnite lol
reebook

<+qb> that's not fair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:59:56 pm »

Gathers are just a resource to separate competetive players from public players. It had it's perks when Soldat Community (pub+competetive) was big enough and we could enjoy playing with decent players on our team, but in it's current state of things playing gathers is only making things worse. Make 3v3 public, scripted servers with some rules of substitutions so that when someone on spec wants to play he can actually do it.

Yea, playing gathers is like playing on public now, I cant try in gathers or enjoy soldat anymore Sad

like 1 of 10 gathers is good, otherwise theres aalways some 1lvl players from public, lot of pauses, server lags, disconnects etc ..

so normal gathers are unplayable for old players, but admins voice only their friends. sad
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:03:39 pm by reebook » Logged

Soldat Videos
Vinteek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »

Gathers are just a resource to separate competetive players from public players. It had it's perks when Soldat Community (pub+competetive) was big enough and we could enjoy playing with decent players on our team, but in it's current state of things playing gathers is only making things worse. Make 3v3 public, scripted servers with some rules of substitutions so that when someone on spec wants to play he can actually do it.

Yea, playing gathers is like playing on public now, I cant try in gathers or enjoy soldat anymore Sad

like 1 of 10 gathers is good, otherwise theres aalways some 1lvl players from public, lot of pauses, server lags, disconnects etc ..

so normal gathers are unplayable for old players, but admins voice only their friends. sad

You misunderstood. It's not about gathers being good solution to play competetive. They actually killed this game since once any of us got into them and started playing competetive he quickly left publics. No game will survive without public scene and unfortunatelly that's what games are suppoused to be. Some players are and always will be better than others.

You guys are still happy about moving to discord, but that doesn't change things much because in order to play seriously new players have to download another program.
If you want to save this game make public servers, set them for 3v3 and use statistics to make ranks similiar as in CS GO, make servers that can only be played by players with sufficent rank but can be spectated by any player. You don't have to bother about people playing for statistics because we were always bunch of morons who played only for statistics (pushig f1 constantly, claiming that person with highest k/d in team was always mvp etc.) Make weapon mode harder, way harder than it is now, bring back 1.4.2 not for it's simplicity but for it was way harder and it really required someone to actually posses some skill. Negotiate some anticheat, try to fix hits, if you don't know how to do it, consultate with experienced devs that actually make games for living.

Got carried away but I would really like to see this game being alive once more.
ginn
SCTFL Advisor
qb or qb´ on quakenet

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 09:45:52 am »

You guys are still happy about moving to discord, but that doesn't change things much because in order to play seriously new players have to download another program.

If you want to save this game make public servers, set them for 3v3 and use statistics to make ranks similiar as in CS GO, make servers that can only be played by players with sufficent rank but can be spectated by any player.
People wouldn't need to download discord of gamebridge was integrated into the game, although I don't know if that would be possible. Either way, there's no way Shoozza would integrate it, even if it's possible.

Integrated match making would be better. Simply press a button and you get thrown into a public server with those settings. And then make competitive match making for gathers, where it takes into account of player rank.
For the latter we'd need an account system though, which won't happen, unless enecse gets brought back into the team, probably as dev leader.
ginn
SCTFL Advisor
qb or qb´ on quakenet

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:44:22 pm »

So the version of 2.18 is the last version for now, unless there's a much larger amount of feedback and testing.
I do hope there's not going to be any complaining about dardars wm once the steam release comes (probably in February, maybe March, or maybe Falcon will retake dev lead).

You've had plenty of opportunity, and still has, to get a good wm. This community doesn't seem to care much about it, though.
pedBro

Wannabe Realistic Pro!
Clan: im:// pim` OXiD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 08:17:31 pm »

Usually, I do not agree with rbk, but he's right now.. The first impression is the most important one for newcomers..this menu really looks like it was made in object oriented pascal.. it has to be chaged
Cheesy Cheesy okay but thats true Cheesy it looke like it from the 90's

<LLSSNEN> pedBro is THE BRO

[15:08] <@Deadpool> WTF
[15:08] <@Deadpool> i typed
[15:09] <@Deadpool> german dick in google
[15:09] <@Deadpool> and all i get
[15:09] <@Deadpool> are sausages

#Srl17 Winner! #OXID

All clans i played for: !SuxX! pim` HS- burns\ ~RvS~ im:// HiHo. OXiD <3
Pages: [1]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  Alternative wm gather « previous next »
    Jump to: