[SWC] RulesServer Settings
- Game mode is set to CTF.
- Maximum flag capture limit is 10.
- Time limit is 10 minutes.
- Respawn time is 2 seconds. Maximum respawn time is 5 seconds.
- All guns are enabled.
- Bonus frequency is set to 0.
- Maximum grenades is set to 3
- Friendly fire, realistic mode, and survival mode are all disabled.
- Stationary guns, bullet time, sniper line, and minimap are all off.
- Min ping is 0. Max ping is 400.
- No power-ups/bonuses except health and normal grenades.
- Scripting is disabled.
- HealthCooldown is 0
- Server uses the default weapon mod.Match Rules
- A match is best of 4 rounds. Each team will choose 2 maps to play. The "Home" team will choose which map, side and server to play first. Map choices will alternate regardless of the winner, for example: Home Map, Side and Server -> Away Map, Side and Server -> Home Map, Side and Server -> Away Map, Side and Server.
- Games will be at least 3vs3 with no maximum of players.
- The winner of a round will be determined by who has more flag caps at the end of the round.
- Only the default ctf maps that come with Soldat can be played, these are: ctf_Ash, ctf_B2b, ctf_Blade, ctf_campeche, ctf_Cobra,ctf_Crufix, ctf_Death, ctf_Division, ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Equinox, ctf_Guardian, ctf_Hormone, ctf_IceBeam, ctf_Kampf, ctf_Laos, ctf_Lanubya, ctf_Maya, ctf_Mayapan, ctf_MFM, ctf_Nuubia, ctf_Raspberry, ctf_Rotten, ctf_Ruins, ctf_Run, ctf_Scorpion, ctf_Snakebite, ctf_Steel, ctf_Triumph, ctf_Viet, ctf_Voland, ctf_Wretch and ctf_X.
- Maps can be played twice in one match but one team can't choose one map twice. For example: Team A choose Laos red. They can't choose Laos red again but Team B can choose Laos red once.
- Teams must choose all maps before the match starts. If you can't get to an agreement of who chooses first then the home team will chose one map then away team chooses and so on.
- Before the round starts, representatives from both teams must make sure that the opposition are ready to play. Then the round can begin.
- In between rounds, there can be up to a 5 minute break in order to organize, tactics, etc. During this period of time, players are to remain in their base.
- The winner of the match is decided by who has won the most number of rounds, as in a best of 4 rounds match. If an equal number of rounds has been won by each team at the end of a match, the match is considered a tie.
- If a side forfeits the match, then the other team automatically wins any remaining rounds 5-0.- If there are any disputes during a match, please contact one of the OPs in #Sctfl on Quakenet immediately.
- Do not continue the match until any disputes have been resolved.Server Selection
- Matches must be played in monitored servers. Before each match check if the server is being monitored using #soldatladder
- For same continental matches, the server with the least lag for each player is recommended to be chosen, preferably a neutral server.
- In the case of intercontinental matches there are some additional server selection rules:Europe vs North America
- Maps are to alternate between a suitable EU server and a suitable East Coast American server Israel vs North America
- Matches are to take place entirely on European servers.Israel vs South America/Australia
- Matches are to take place entirely on North American servers.Europe vs South America/Australia
- Matches are to take place entirely on North American servers.North America vs South America
- Maps are to alternate between North and South American servers.North America vs Australia
- Maps are to alternate between North American and Australian servers.East Asia vs Europe/South America
- Matches are to take place entirely on North American servers.East Asia vs Australia
- Matches are to take place entirely on North American servers. Although if both teams agree maps can be alternate between Japanese servers and Australian servers.East Asia vs North America
- Maps are to alternate between North American and East Asian servers.
In the above cases where matches are required to be played on two servers, the "Home" team will choose to play their maps and side on their servers. The "Home" team will choose which map to play first. Servers will change after every map, for example: Home Map/Side/Server -> Away Map/Side/Server -> Home Map/Side/Server -> Away Map/Side/Server
NOTE: Teams can play on other servers as well, as long as both teams agree to these conditions.Cup Rules
- Countries must have a minimum of 3
in order to sign up to the SWC. We recommend teams to signup with 5 or more players to ensure activity.
- You must play for the country you live in. The only exception is when you move to another country and if you want to play for the country you used to live in, you have to contact us admins about it. We will only allow it if we know the player well enough to know it's the truth.Group Stages
- On sign up, teams will be distributed into two groups(nine and eight teams respectively).
- Each team will play the other teams in their group once
, as in a single round-robin event.
- Three (3) points are given for a victory in a match, one (1) for a draw, and zero (0) for a loss.
- The top four teams of each group will proceed to the playoffs.
- If a position is tied with the same number of points, the team who has the better cap ratio gets the higher position. If there is still a tie, the team who scored the most caps gets it. If it's still the same, whoever scored better in their matches against each other gets the position. If the position is still
tied, then a sudden death match between them is played if needed.Group Scheduling Rules
- Teams will have three (3) weeks to complete all their group matches.
- At least one match must be played each week. A penalty point will be given for each unplayed match per week. The week will end each Friday at 23:59 GMT.
- Feel free to ask any question about penalty points to one of the admins.
- Penalty points will be removed from the Total Points at the end of each Week.Playoff Stages
- The playoff teams will be ranked based on points you have gotten from the matches between the top four teams in your own group. If points are tied, the one with better cap ratio gets the higher position. If there is still a tie, the team who scored most caps gets it. If it's still a tie, then the positions will be randomized.
- The winner of a match will go through to the next round.
- If there is no winner after the 4 rounds played, both teams will pick an extra map to play and follow the server selection rules as previously. If there is still no winner, 2 more maps will continue to be played until a winner is determined.Playoff Scheduling Information
- There will be one week allowed for each match. Failure to play these matches will result in punishment for the guilty side(s).Miscellaneous Rules
- Players must play with the nick they are signed in. The nick in signups's roster.
- If a player leaves the server at any time, without informing the other team, the match is to be continued unless both teams agree to wait for the player to return or a substitute to arrive. If a player gets kicked due to server related problems, then the match is to be paused until either the player returns, a substitute arrives, or a different, fully functional server is found.
- A disconnect is when there are either client or mainly server problems. If this is the case, the match will be paused. If this is no longer possible, then the map is to be restarted from the time the disconnect happened remaining, with the scores carried forward. The time remaining will be rounded up to the nearest minute for the restart.
- If there are any disputes with a captured flag and /pause has not been used, then send a demo to one of the SWC staff if the two teams cannot resolve the problem themselves.
- Any person or team abusing the disconnect rule for unfair advantages will be severely punished.
- Taking advantage of bugs is not allowed in this cup. If you see player(s) abusing these bugs, you should report that person to an SWC admin together with a demo. For example: Throwing grenades in through the roof of the houses in ctf_Ash, using powerthrow, etc. If you are unsure if an action is considered bug abuse, consult the administrators.
- If you rejoin the server for any reason you must type /kill so you don't start without respawn time.
- The use of hacks, trainers, hex editors and anything else to give yourself an advantage over others is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught using hacks is subject to expulsion from the cup.
- Screenshots must be taken after every round by every player
. These may be requested by an SWC admin after the match. Failure to disclose these screenshots will result in severe consequences for the player(s) involved. Screenshots taken from a demo are not admissable.
- Demos are also compulsory by every player
. These may be requested by an SWC admin after the match. Failure to disclose match demos will result in severe consequences for the player(s) involved.
- Respect all players and most importantly, have good sportsmanship. Any insults, racist remarks, spamming, etc, will not be tolerated. Be sportsmanlike at all times.
- Spectators are allowed if both teams agree. Spectators are not allowed to communicate with the players on their team, only with fellow spectators.
- When an SWC game is played, the winner has to report the game as soon as possible
- Players are allowed to join one country ONLY starting SWC 2008. This means that once you play for one country, you cannot play for another one unless you start living in another country and do not want to play for your previous country anymore.
- Multiteaming (the process of being in more than one team at the same time) is forbidden.Warning System
- There are two cards, a yellow card and a red card. A yellow card is a warning if one of the rules is broken.
- Two yellow cards equal a red card.
- If you receive a red card, you are removed from the cup.
- Depending on the severity of the offense, point reductions may also be handed out. Penalties can be given for dissent. The admin's decision is final.
- If there is a complaint about a team breaking a rule or if a player is being difficult or rude enough to file a complaint, then an admin will evaluate the problem and decide if and what punishment is given.