Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 06:46:51 am
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat CTF League - SCTFL  |  Suggestions  |  Poll Forum  |  SCTFL 27 URGENT IDEA (1 day POLL) « previous next »
Poll
Question: in comment  (Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 09:12:41 pm)
Yes - 2 (22.2%)
No - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCTFL 27 URGENT IDEA (1 day POLL)  (Read 10715 times)
Kryptonite

Clan: Driven by Anger

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:12:41 pm »

Barely 20 Clans this season.... We should make the league longer and have elimination rounds guys

after week 2 top 16 advance
after week 4 top 12 advance
after week 6 top 8 advance into random playoff bracket

this gives us a few extra weeks of free-play and gives a better battle for clans trying to make those final 8 slots and really a better battle overall because there are less clans it will be even more competitive.

"Do not take him away from idiots, Chester, because it turns itself become.

#soldat.dBa
Raged`

Clan: ~/SM\~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:30:13 pm »

Barely 20 Clans this season.... We should make the league longer and have elimination rounds guys

after week 2 top 16 advance
after week 4 top 12 advance
after week 6 top 8 advance into random playoff bracket

this gives us a few extra weeks of free-play and gives a better battle for clans trying to make those final 8 slots and really a better battle overall because there are less clans it will be even more competitive.
well i doubt the every clan who is registered on sctfl 27 gonna be active anyway.

Ussocom

Ussosexy
Clan: IMP cB.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »

Smaller clans, less stacking, incentive for new players to join the league.

#gather
[22:40] <tommyj> Usso\'s girlfriend looks like lebron
[17:59] <@Leprosy> that fuking mexicans

DutchFlame

Work hard, earn little

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:14:49 pm »

Smaller clans, less stacking, incentive for new players to join the league.

we wish..

cant force players to play with people they do not want
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//
Clan: Federalna Ochrona Syberyjskich Tygrysów

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:08:57 am »

cant force players to play with people they do not want
Of course you can, just follow my suggestion. Shortening the regular season and radically reducing playoff spots(there are only 20 clans so i'd make it 6 or 8 max) would force people to be active throughout the entire season to stay in the game. Clans who deny matches against certain players would become desperate enough for these crucial points and end up playing it. This is simple psychology. I don't really like that aspect of having just 8 clans in the playoffs, but as I have already said, we need to move with the times. This is not a competitive scene anymore if you don't have to try hard and nolife to advance to the next stage. If you change nothing, nothing will change.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:13:26 am by Petterkowski » Logged

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...
DutchFlame

Work hard, earn little

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:02:10 pm »

how is my sentence related to your suggestion.
i was talking about forcing players to play with people in clans who have no intention to play with these people
Apparently nobody wants to nolife either, the season has started more then one day ago and the first match isn't even done yet
hellsik
LoRd oF ThE cAtS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 01:38:27 pm »

1win is enough to be safe in poffs , welcome to the soldat capture the flag league

28 SCTFL SCTFL 22 LoF 2x times SDRC
CheeSeMan
Soldat TV

Clan: cB.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:10:27 pm »

Sctfl pm me

<@Starry> blondes are my only weakness. blondes and grenades.
Ussocom

Ussosexy
Clan: IMP cB.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 05:29:47 pm »

I think finding some way of incorporating new players or even players that aren't on that top tier level yet would be good.  As players keep quitting we have no one to replace them with (obviously) and any new players that would end up playing would not be on the same level as everyone else.  Think of how long we've all played in comparison to some public player or even a couple year player?  The skill gap is huge.  Any 'new' clan that would join would probably play one match and quit.   Splitting up the talent (that's still left lol) could at least make this season at least more active and more FUN.  Take chippers for example, split up tanaka, tarrega, foggy, vodka and pair them with 2 mediocre players and they could still easily compete in this season lol.  they've all won sctfl, and what's a win this season really worth lol?  This way average skilled players could learn from them and improve increased activity and more balanced matches.   Now obviously I know this wont happen, and it's just an example but people CAN take it upon themselves and make an extra clan or rally some players together etc.  I went from a sctfl winning clan to a clan that didnt even make the playoffs.  But at this point I guess no one really gives a shit Cheesy

#gather
[22:40] <tommyj> Usso\'s girlfriend looks like lebron
[17:59] <@Leprosy> that fuking mexicans

CheeSeMan
Soldat TV

Clan: cB.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:01:54 pm »

Usso your a champ, I think you should join legacy and help him out.  :Smiley

I admire your spirit Usso, and I still hope one day that Soldat makes a rebound unfortunately though I think the older players that are still around do not have the time or the motivation to go finding public players and bringing them to IRC.

Not to mention how can they get better? There is no cws to play =D the only way competitive Soldat will ever comeback is down to the DEVS at this stage. It is a bit sad but its the truth Sad

GG SCTFL<3

<@Starry> blondes are my only weakness. blondes and grenades.
Kryptonite

Clan: Driven by Anger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 02:27:07 am »

None of the egotistical players are going to leave their mothership. Good idea usso but it won't happen. I'd rather lose with my bros than win with my foes.

"Do not take him away from idiots, Chester, because it turns itself become.

#soldat.dBa
Transit

USA's version of BLING
Clan: Kewaii Le Axis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 07:25:31 am »

You know what was helping? Hosting those Soldat Events every weekend (because the 3v3 randomized ctf tournaments would do just what Usso said) A lot of "mediocre" players got their colored nicknames from winning that cup, but once nosejj quit and #ricrgate happened we haven't had a single one. Let's get that back up and running again.

lexy

Prince Lexy
Clan: Insomnia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »

tanaka, tarrega, foggy, vodka [...]  they've all won sctfl,

Had a dream I was king Albanii, I woke up still king Albanii.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWs8HwDtddQ
ginn
SCTFL Advisor
qb or qb´ on quakenet

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 12:40:34 am »

I think finding some way of incorporating new players or even players that aren't on that top tier level yet would be good.  As players keep quitting we have no one to replace them with (obviously) and any new players that would end up playing would not be on the same level as everyone else.  Think of how long we've all played in comparison to some public player or even a couple year player?  The skill gap is huge.  Any 'new' clan that would join would probably play one match and quit.   Splitting up the talent (that's still left lol) could at least make this season at least more active and more FUN.  Take chippers for example, split up tanaka, tarrega, foggy, vodka and pair them with 2 mediocre players and they could still easily compete in this season lol.  they've all won sctfl, and what's a win this season really worth lol?  This way average skilled players could learn from them and improve increased activity and more balanced matches.   Now obviously I know this wont happen, and it's just an example but people CAN take it upon themselves and make an extra clan or rally some players together etc.  I went from a sctfl winning clan to a clan that didnt even make the playoffs.  But at this point I guess no one really gives a shit Cheesy
This is what I've been doing!

First, I took tanaka and beta.
Tanaka ended up really good

Then I took fexxy and roadrunner
Fexxy ended up really good

Then it was chox
And he ended up good.

While all you others were slacking playing only with experienced players.
Pages: [1]
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  Soldat CTF League - SCTFL  |  Suggestions  |  Poll Forum  |  SCTFL 27 URGENT IDEA (1 day POLL) « previous next »
    Jump to: