Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2018, 11:43:58 pm
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  Soldat Events  |  Full Deathmatch Tourney! Sign Up thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Full Deathmatch Tourney! Sign Up thread  (Read 10255 times)
Mittsu
Retired SCTFL Staff

Spiral out. Keep going.
Clan: No Quarter

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »

Hey, I've been thinking about it for some time, we've made a realistic Deathmatch tournament (DMCL) some time ago and i thought it would be cool to bring it to normalmode. And by Deathmatch I don't mean any boring 1vs1, I mean Full All-in Deathmatch battles! Since we've done it before the rules and everything is pretty much set up, all we need is a list of participants, so Sign Up in this thread with your post including:

Nickname:
Continent:

The tournament format is nothing you've ever seen in Soldat but I can guarantee it's a lot of fun. Players will be divided in Groups. First there will be a Group Stage lasting (most likely) a week with a daily match (with a predefined date and hour) for each group, that means 7 matches per group in total. Players will NOT have to attend every match, they choose themselves which matches they want to participate in. At the end of Group Stage, only 3 best performances of each player will determine their total score and decide who advances to the next stage.

Here's the FAQ from the previous season to help with understanding it (some info is outdated obviously):

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This FAQ explains only some aspects of the tournament, for every information you need please read DMCL Rules

FAQ:

1. What is DMCL?

Deathmatch Champions League is a tournament in which players play Deathmatch gamestyle matches. It consists of two stages. The first one, Group Stage, is based on all-vs-all matches between the players within a group. For example, all players from Group A meet on a server at a particular time and battle each other simultanously (9 players fighting all versus all). The second stage, Playoff, is played by the selected group of people who gathered the most points in each group in Group Stage. Playoff stage format will be decided soon.

2. When are the matches played?

The date for each match is predefined and cannot be changed. If you do not show up for a match then the next opportunity for you to play is in the next predefined date. Dates for matches of each groups are shown in the following table:

3. Do i have to play in every match?

No, you can attend as many matches as you want. It is your choice in which ones you play. However, the more matches you play the higher chance of obtaining the best results!

4. How do matches matter?

In each match that you played you receive a certain amount of points. However, only 3 of your highest scores will be taken into account at the end of the stage. For example: There are 7 matches that you can participate in. You play in 5 of them. Your scores from the matches are 55 points, 43 points, 15 points, 47 points, 32 points. We will take 3 of your highest scores and sum them up: 43+47+55= 145 points. This final amount will determine how high in the Group table you are and whether you advance to Playoff stage.

5. How are the points in a match counted?

Points = Kills * (Players+1-Position)/10

Kills - amount of kills that a player made in a match
Players - amount of players that participate in a match
Position - final position of the player in the match end result table

6. Do i have to report my matches/scores?

You do not have to report your matches, everything is done by the admins and so it is important that there is an admin spectating your match. However, to cover all eventualities, it is best for every player to make their own screenshots and demos.

7. What if no one, besides me, shows up for a match?

If only 1 player shows up for a match then the match is not played and the player will unfortunately gain no points.

8. What if there is no admin to spectate my group's match?

In a very unlikely occasion that there is no available admin to spectate the match, the players may play the match. However, it has to be very well documented, via end result screenshots and demos from at least a few participants.

9. How is the map for a match picked?

Map for a match is picked randomly by an admin before the match. Admin gets the randomly picked map via a lottery program.

10. What if I am late for a match?

If you are late for a match you will not participate in it, and the next opportunity you have to play is the next matchday. This is why it is important to be prepared to play and join the server at least a couple of minutes before the match starts!

11. Where do I play my matches?

The DMCL server where the matches take place is:

IP: 195.154.182.205
Port: 23076
Password: 2450
soldat://195.154.182.205:23076/2450
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

There might be some changes, probably with the calculation system, but the general idea is the same.

TL;DR
Sign Up to a cool DM tourney and don't worry, we'll take care of everything. You. Just. Play!

If the number of sign up entries doesn't fit the format, first ones to sign up will have advantage in becoming participants.

Last round of the last season's Grand Finale game:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:08:39 am by Mittsu » Logged

darDar

Clan: gather.soldat.pl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:44:36 am »

Nickname: darDar
Continent: Europe

What are the Server settings by the way ?
max. time
kill limit

<stachu|ATX7> No, becouse you're nothing and your asslicking gaves you op everywhere so you think you're huuuge
Chester

Clan: Cheeky Bananas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:59 am »

Nickname: cB.Fame

cappy.

Clan: *Terminally Chill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:12:14 am »

Nickname: cappy
Continent: North America
AtomiC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:28:14 am »

Nickname: AtomiC
Continent: North America

AimLord
Chukcha

Clan: Astra| and Super Mumble Company

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:19 am »

Nickname: Rainman

Mittsu
Retired SCTFL Staff

Spiral out. Keep going.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:14:25 am »

Nickname: darDar

What are the Server settings by the way ?
max. time
kill limit

last time there were 4 groups with 9 players each, the time limit was 15 minutes and the kill limit was 50. Limits will depend on the number of players in each group, but most likely they will be the same. The rules are very simple, short and clear so feel free to check it out for more info (Last DMCL rules). Matches took about 5-10 minutes each anyway, so the limit was never reached. Here's a screen of Matchday #3 Group B match which was the one with the most number of players: click

oranj

Clan: DC til i fucking die

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »

What time zone are those times in?
Mittsu
Retired SCTFL Staff

Spiral out. Keep going.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 07:21:34 pm »

they were european time, but there is more variety with continents around here so we require players to state their continent and once we get the players list we'll see what options we have with organising it to fit all the players

Kaimelar
Retired SCTFL Staff
Clan: OXiD|

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:46 am »

Nickname: Kaimelar
Doof

Clan: Kewaii Le Axis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:35 am »

Nickname: Doof
Continent: EU i guess

(+qb) dude
(+qb) I'm top20 on soldatladder
(+qb) I win
Storm

Clan: damn.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 11:05:20 am »

nick - Storm`
continent - Eu
contact- mirc- #soldat.match,#damn.soldat,#polaks,#soldatladder,#soldat.gather,#gather.eu
tel. +44 20 7930 4832 ,Fax: 020 7930 9625 . , e-mail: pwstwa@interia.pl, gg 4505557, Address: London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom, or press red button 5 times.

####Quae volumus, ea credimus libenter, at quae sentimus ipsi, reliquos sentire speramus.####
AtomiC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

nick - Storm`
continent - Eu
contact- mirc- #soldat.match,#damn.soldat,#polaks,#soldatladder,#soldat.gather,#gather.eu
tel. +44 20 7930 4832 ,Fax: 020 7930 9625 . , e-mail: pwstwa@interia.pl, gg 4505557, Address: London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom, or press red button 5 times.

You sure you gave enough contact info?  Grin

AimLord
fosey

Clan: Road to Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:56 am »

Nickname: [CHI] fosey.rtp
Continent: South america
Contact: i can send u a messege in this forums of ts ip im 100% of my time in there in irc im just too little time tell me if i send u ip of ts

CHILE BEST COUNTRY EVER WE ARE IN! Beated spain and australia atm! C H I ! CHI E LE! LE! CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE
vodka

Don't try just cry ^^
Clan: pbu.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 12:40:02 pm »

When does it start ?

● SSC ● SCTFL27 ● SCTFC5 ● SCTFC3 ● SWC2013 ● SCTFL20 ● LoF-CTF 7 ● SRL15 ● SRL18
● SCTFL18 ● SCTFL23 ● SLC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  Soldat Events  |  Full Deathmatch Tourney! Sign Up thread « previous next »
    Jump to: