Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:07:39 am
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  the future of soldat « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: the future of soldat  (Read 10043 times)
ymmees
#1 Fapper
Retired SCTFL Staff
Clan: ur mom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:10 am »

i didn't start any project. like i said at the time i didn't have time to coordinate anything like that. it was just a gallup to motivate someone else to do something. i'm quite busy nowadays as well but i'd be up for helping if anyone wanted to give the idea a go

your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful
toom

Clan: AXIS - "SAY IT WITH YOUR CHEST"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2013, 07:35:48 am »

soldat starts it's revival when Zeager uninstalls soldat and life
SixtySevenFrogs

Clan: war

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 03:33:31 am »

So I checked the stats of sctfl 23 and it seems like the na scene of soldat pretty much died. What happened Sad?
ricr
全然駄目だ
SCTFL Staff
Clan: Ah!rrows

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 05:24:33 am »

So I checked the stats of sctfl 23 and it seems like the na scene of soldat pretty much died. What happened Sad?

You left us, Myst.

Ill have to disagree, players r not scared. No one wants to play a boring match against 3 minimi's  Wink 
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//
Clan: Federalna Ochrona Syberyjskich Tygrysów

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 11:56:05 pm »

i was just viewing the old threads. I found so many cool things that can be implemented into Soldat. probably a lot of you don't even read soldatforums so i'll just post it here too in case there's someone who wants to continue this work. ive just listed there the coolest things i found viewing the last 3 pages, but there's probably much much more than this. well, maybe it'll inspire someone to create something

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
darDar

Clan: gather.soldat.pl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 05:38:01 am »

i was just viewing the old threads. I found so many cool things that can be implemented into Soldat. probably a lot of you don't even read soldatforums so i'll just post it here too in case there's someone who wants to continue this work. ive just listed there the coolest things i found viewing the last 3 pages, but there's probably much much more than this. well, maybe it'll inspire someone to create something

There is no sense to continue the work because they will not be added to the game anyway. (the layouts are pretty much done anyway) the Soldat dev "Team" lack of knowing what'll be good for soldat.
There have been tons of such threads where people actually put a lot of work to design layouts and concepts for Layouts, made visual updates (maps, mods and whatnot) default website re designs and all the other suggestions which came together in the last few years and none of them was added or will ever be added.

Just check out the latest devlogs since the most recent release (which diidnt really have any changes though)
There is no progress and the anti cheat which was announce for the next version has been pretty much discarded.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:40:26 am by darDar » Logged

<stachu|ATX7> No, becouse you're nothing and your asslicking gaves you op everywhere so you think you're huuuge
Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 12:39:31 pm »

By applying more and more pressure to make something happen, we can finally achieve it. You never know. don't take the easy way out by giving up. as long as we are interested in doing something anything is possible. we have the choice to keep trying until we finally succeed. God helped David win over Goliath, faith and our effort will help us win over devs ignorance
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:47:44 pm by Petterkowski » Logged

hellsik
LoRd oF ThE cAtS

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2015, 12:58:10 pm »

less steroids petter,please

28 SCTFL SCTFL 22 LoF 2x times SDRC
mitja

Clan: .cB

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2015, 01:38:33 pm »

well to be honest this game will eventually die and any conversation about what should be done or how to improve things will end at just words only...I tried and gave many good/great ideas of how to bring some live to this game but there is basically noone who would invest some time to improve things or make them better so lets just enjoy this game till it last and hope storm 2d will bring some new life to soldat aswell Smiley

Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2015, 02:21:15 pm »

Soldat still may be brought back to life. the current devs are just pain in the ass. too inactive to make something hapen. give it to the people that still #care. dunno though what would be the procedure for replacing the current team with new one. perhaps should talk to MM and describe what's the situation, he needs to know some people that would be willing to help the soldat scene. there's gotta be some enthusiastic coders out there with the will to start new projects. the petition to MM or something.

hellsik
LoRd oF ThE cAtS

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 03:27:04 pm »

era of soldat is gone no matter what will you do, sokdat wont be active again, only hope is storm2d

28 SCTFL SCTFL 22 LoF 2x times SDRC
Ussocom

Ussosexy
Clan: IMP cB.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2015, 05:46:06 pm »

Something can always be done, but like some of you have mentioned; talk is talk-  and that's basically all we see now days even with the devs.  I am all for a new dev team, we need someone hungry for change.  

Another big problem, hate to say it is gathers/irc - basically a hidden world to any new players.

In my eyes the start to a more active Soldat is decent public servers- but even that is easier said than done because (at least in the NA community)  people only play One Shots.. So now even people who have played years can only be good sniper vs sniper.

The euro ctf servers seem to be pretty popular, but most people complain about the stupid scripts.  There really hasn't been a good public server in a long time.

I encourage people to play pubs, even if its between gathers.  I've brought in about 5 public players who now gather pretty regularly- it may not sound like much but it's definitely a start.

]{ing and I have been working on actually bringing fracs back, and a gather bot that actually randomizes teams based on skill- making it more friendly for lower skilled/new players.  Everything is working, just fixing the bugs Smiley

http://192.210.137.129/

put this ip in your web browser to check out the pub server.

Also if anyone has ideas, or need servers let me know and I can help.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:03:52 pm by Ussocom » Logged

#gather
[22:40] <tommyj> Usso\'s girlfriend looks like lebron
[17:59] <@Leprosy> that fuking mexicans

Petterkowski
SCTFL Staff

\\F.O.S.T//

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 08:39:36 pm »

the gap between IRC and Soldat is too big, always been. I also brought few pub guys here, Usso, but the whole encouraging process just doesn't work. you have to go through a lot of nightmares before you accomplish your aim of getting at least 2 guys into competitive scene. "hello, you are pretty good, man. now you need to download mirc because this is the heart of Soldat, then do this, then open sctfl.net and forums, then create account and setup that and get an auth and then do this". This sounds way too complicated for any new player. this is useless. That's why i suggested ingame teamspeak like in CS. that would solve these problems as you can communicate much faster. you talk maybe less than 1 min and the whole server is listening you. perhaps 80% of them would follow the tips. it's faster and it's a facilitation especially for the newcomers.

Ussocom

Ussosexy
Clan: IMP cB.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:33 pm »

Yeah, I agree the system is for sure flawed.  Imo irc should be integrated somewhere on the soldat menu with all the popular channels preset.  People would see the activity and become curious what is going on, also being super easy to organize a gather.

#gather
[22:40] <tommyj> Usso\'s girlfriend looks like lebron
[17:59] <@Leprosy> that fuking mexicans

darDar

Clan: gather.soldat.pl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »

petter:

There is an issue with that 'teamspeak integration' (voice stuff).. I don't think it'll really be used in a good way, like let's say for tactical purpose.. let's be true, there is no real tactical value in common public servers.
If there was a serious match making system, this would possibly make sense. I would rather recommend to add some more voice chat messages to the chat radio.

The gap between irc and the public community has always been super huge. I remember how I got recruited to IRC and it felt really complex to get started.

Hosts of the most populated soldat servers are in charge of putting advertisements scripts on their servers if you ask me. It wouldn't hurt if players get a message like "join www.play.soldat.pl to join the competive scene". A few things can be done, like recruiting people to irc but this is really time consuming.

There was a web gather on soldat.pl but it was not connected to qnet but had it very own system. It was never used and was removed in the end.
I for myself gave up to think about possible improvements or ideas about soldat. I did a lot of those in the whole time and everything was rejected.

PS: I'm happy that the coder of Storm2D adds suggestions into the game such as the IRCqnet chat which he added last week, which can be accessed while playing and while being in the menu..

Bye soldat 'dev team', get your fucking suggestions together on yourself.
Fags.

<stachu|ATX7> No, becouse you're nothing and your asslicking gaves you op everywhere so you think you're huuuge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Soldat Capture The Flag League  |  General  |  General Discussion  |  the future of soldat « previous next »
    Jump to: